Alpha Patch 3.18.0 has been released to Evocati and is now available to test! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.18.0-EPTU.8280883.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER and Shader folders for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\EPTU. The Shader folders can be found here %localappdata%\Star Citizen.
Database Reset: Yes
Server Region: US Servers Only
Long Term Persistence: Enabled
Pledge Copy: Disabled (Players will be given a limited ship list)
The current build is under NDA
Please log out then back in on the issue council site to see the Evocati environment there. Please make sure to only select the Evocati 3.18 environment when creating IC reports while the builds are Evocati only
Please monitor etf-testing-chat in spectrum for updates and testing instructions.
USER.cfg settings: r_displaySessionInfo = 1
Note: This patch does not contain all of the intended features, which will be added iteratively to the notes as they become available. Additionally, some features may be implemented in a partial state and as such are not ready for testing. When those features reach a playable state they will be detailed on the notes and added to the “Testing Focus”. Please issue council all issues related to those in testing focus and in general gameplay.
Playtest length: Pending build stability we would like to leave this build up as long as possible, hopefully overnight until tomorrow.
Objective: Testing initial login flow, loading into the universe, spawning a ship, and general stability. If the build proves stable we would love to have players explore and test out bounty missions, updated restricted area designs, Security Post Kareah (Consentual PVP only as always), and possibly the new FPS missions using the Orison platforms! (Requires Crusader Security Mercenary Intro Mission)
Note: If your character gets into a bad state and is unable to rejoin the PU or you see a 30009 error, please wait 5-10 min at most and if the issue persists, then try to recopy your account to the PTU.
Improvements and Fixes
This build has many updates from the previous build a couple days ago. We have made many more networking improvements to help with players getting into bad states after crashes and reloading. We also fixed more than 10 client and server crashes and multiple deadlocks that were happening from the previous test. We’ve also put in extra fixes for shopping services, tram issues including jittery trains and elevators, being stuck in prison, and a 19000 entity loading fix.
Arena Commander and Star Marine are open for business
Since the features for 3.18.0 are still in a very incomplete state we are not asking for feedback on specific features such as the updated cargo system, new crash sites, and other features.
Disclaimer: These are not a complete list of issues known internally to us but ones hand selected for this playtest. Known issues are not always 100% occurrences and may happen frequently or not at all for some players.
Please avoid Lorville in this build as there are many issues with the city that block players from making their way downtown (to the spaceport)
100% crash exiting to main menu and rejoining the PU (Will have to reboot the game to rejoin)
- Character Customizer – Stuck on “Saving Character” on the Front End menu after the first time joining PU
- Orison – Shuttle / Transit / Animation – Shuttles will distort quickly and can kill players nearby at the Space port
- Locations – Lorville – Lorville has collision in most walkable areas
- Multi-Ship – Ships / Vehicles – Ships spawning in damaged state despite full health
- Multivehicle – VMA – Vehicles / Ship Components / UI – Unable to customize any ship within the Vehicle Loadout Manager
- Ships / Vehicles – VMS / CryAstro Services – CryAstro services does not offer the option to repair/refuel/restock ships
- Persistent Entity Streaming – Game Code / Characters – After exiting to menu, when reconnecting to the PU, players will load into their primary residence and not their last saved location
- Infinite Load – If the player idles out while playing ( Error Code: 30028 ) it will cause an infinite load either returning to main menu, or attempting a client restart to re-enter the PU
- Mining – Game Code – Many mineable asteroids can’t be scanned
- Inventory / Loot Boxes – Loot Boxes will Disappear on Approach or after Opening
- Insurance – Multivehicle – Ships can be duplicated after forced Claim process if initially these are Retrieved and then Stored on a different ASOP terminal
- UI / Vehicles – Quantum Travel – Quantum needs to “Clear Route” after every jump (fixed in later build)
- Quantum Travel – QT markers disappear when travelling between planetary markers until QT drive finishes spooling (fixed in later build)
- Locations / Hurston/Lorville – Commodity Kiosk – UI – UI may become blurry/illegible while in use
- Multiple Locations – Actor Feature / UI – Medical – Player unable to heal injuries in med bed
New ship & vehicle
- Alpha 3.18.0 EPTU.8249922 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0b EPTU.8267942 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0c EPTU.8272918 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0d EPTU.8276733 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0e EPTU.8280883 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0f EPTU.8287271 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0g EPTU.8291026 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0a EPTU.8295399 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0b EPTU.8296278 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0c EPTU.8298048 Patch Notes