Star Citizen Alpha 3.18 introduces an all-new career path: Salvage & Repair.
As part of this, all ships have been updated to support “soft death.” This means that player ships won’t always be fully destroyed upon death, leaving the hull salvageable. The gathered material can then be sold for profit or used to repair damaged vehicles.
Below is a quick start guide to the Salvage & Repair career as of Alpha 3.18. We’ll also add to this page as additional aspects of the career come online in the future.
Tools of the Trade
Looking to start your salvage career? Head to Dumper’s Depot or Platinum Bay and pick up a Multi-Tool and the Cambio-Lite SRT attachment for the Greycat Multi-Tool.
This attachment can both fill Recycled Material Composite (RMC) canisters by scraping hulls and dispense RMC to help you repair hull damage on your ships.
Answer to no one, cut out the middleman, and earn big ripping wrecks apart like a pro.
This single-seat ship is the perfect way to get serious about salvage when you’re ready to move on from the Multi-Tool.
Thanks to a reinforced cargo bay and long-range jump drive, the Reclaimer is ideal for breaking apart deep-space wrecks.
Have a crew looking to salvage larger ships? The Aegis Reclaimer puts your team to work to scrape out big profits.
Recycled Material Composite (RMC) is the commodity gathered while hull scraping. RMC is stored in commodities containers and can be sold at commodity kiosks for profit. On all salvage vessels like the Vulture, RMC can also be converted into the canisters used by salvage and repair hand tools. Empty canisters for the Multi-Tool that can be bought at dedicated shops can also be filled at commoditiy kiosks with RMC.
Hull Scraping and Repair
The first salvage feature to come to the ‘verse is Hull Scraping and Repair. Both of these features go hand in hand, as the material you scrape off of derelict hulls can then be used to repair your own ships.
Aboard a Vulture or Reclaimer? Activate Salvage Mode (default key ‘M’) or hop into a Salvage Turret and you’ll see the HUD displayed. On the left and/or right side information on the salvage modules you have equipped will be displayed. It will showcase important parameters like the diameter of the beam and its current speed and efficiency. You can switch through the equipped modules with the right mouse button by default. Additional modules are available at Dumper’s Depot, Platinum Bay, and other shops. We even have more options ready for you to customize within the key bindings settings.
Once you’ve found an object to scrape, engage your beam with ‘Mouse 1’ by default. There are indicators at the bottom of the HUD which tell you how much much material is available under your scraper beam. The top of the HUD shows your current extraction rate and progress in filling an SCU container with RMC and additionally the remaining material of the targeted section. These containers are filled automatically as you scrape and eject into your cargo hold.
As you fill these containers, you might receive a warning on your HUD informing about an obstructed conveyer belt. Now, you’ll have to move the commodity container off the cargo hold’s conveyor belt with a tractor beam (or have a friend help you). You can also use the filler station in your hold to create RMC canisters, that can be used with your Multi-Tool equiped with the Cambio-Lite SRT attachment to use it for repairs.
Sell Your Spoils
Once you’ve got SCU containers full of RMC, head to a commodity kiosk to sell them. These can be found at most landing zones and space stations. However, not all kiosks will purchase RMC, and don’t forget to keep an eye on the price to make sure you’re not getting a raw deal!
Fix It Features
If you created RMC canisters instead of filling your SCU containers and you’ve got your SRT Multi-Tool attachment handy, you can use RMC to repair your or a friend’s hull damage. With your Multi-Tool, attachment, and filled RMC canister equipped, press the ‘B’ key to switch from salvage mode to repair mode.
You can significantly repair your hull but not fully. To fully restore your ship’s hull, you’ll need to take it to a landing pad or hangar that offers repair services.
Alpha 3.18 is going to prove to be lucrative for those of you itching to get started with Salvage.
New ship & vehicle
- Alpha 3.18.0 EPTU.8249922 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0b EPTU.8267942 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0c EPTU.8272918 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0d EPTU.8276733 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0e EPTU.8280883 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0f EPTU.8287271 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0g EPTU.8291026 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0a EPTU.8295399 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0b EPTU.8296278 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0c EPTU.8298048 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0d EPTU.8299445 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0e EPTU.8302141 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0f EPTU.8303607 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0g EPTU.8305317 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0h EPTU.8306697 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0i EPTU.8307773 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0j EPTU.8311073 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0l EPTU.8313558 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0m EPTU.8313827 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0n EPTU.8316737 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0o EPTU.8318232 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0p EPTU.8319238 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8319689 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0r PTU.8321451 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0s PTU.8322192 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0t PTU.8323027 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0u PTU.8324837 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0v PTU.8328236 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0w PTU.8335445 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0x PTU.8340717 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0y PTU.8342974 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0z PTU.8344026 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8345033 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8345033 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8346551 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8349208 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8352563 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8356208 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8358255 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8361845 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8362604 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8364000 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8365461 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8373877 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8374786 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8376002 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8378122 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8378932 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8380401 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8381034 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8382259 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8383510 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8384444 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8385683 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8387153 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8389318 Patch Notes
3.18.1 OPEN PTU
- Alpha 3.18.1 PTU.8410680 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.1 PTU.8411181 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.1 PTU.8412394 Patch Notes
3.18.2 OPEN PTU
- Alpha 3.18.2 EPTU.8414091 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.2 PTU.8428298 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.2 PTU.8435197 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.2 PTU.8437209 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.2 PTU.8439852 Patch Notes