Alpha Patch 3.18.0 has been released to Evocati and is now available to test! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.18.0-EPTU.8249922.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER and Shader folders for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\PTU. The Shader folders can be found here %localappdata%\Star Citizen.
Database Reset: Yes
Server Region: US Servers Only
Long Term Persistence: N/A
Pledge Copy: Disabled (Players will be given a limited ship list)
Starting aUEC: 0 (All wallet transactions are not functional in this build)
The current build is under NDA
Please log out then back in on the issue council site to see the Evocati environment there. Please make sure to only select the Evocati 3.18 environment when creating IC reports while the builds are Evocati only
Please monitor etf-testing-chat in spectrum for updates and testing instructions.
USER.cfg settings: r_displaySessionInfo = 1
Note: This patch does not contain all of the intended features, which will be added iteratively to the notes as they become available. Additionally, some features may be implemented in a partial state and as such are not ready for testing. When those features reach a playable state they will be detailed on the notes and added to the “Testing Focus”. Please issue council all issues related to those in testing focus and in general gameplay.
Today: 15:00 CDT | 20:00 UTC
Playtest length: 2 – 3 Hours
Objective: Testing initial login flow, loading into the universe, spawning a ship, and general stability.
This is the initial test for Persistent Entity Streaming and we are expecting a vast array of bugs, crashes, and difficulties logging in. Please reference the severe known issues below for workarounds and what NOT to do, and specific behaviors to avoid.
In this initial test we are looking for players to log in, navigate to the hangar, and spawn a ship and fly around as well check general build stability.
Severe Known Issues
- We are expecting a moderate percent of users to get stuck loading into the main menu and an even higher percentage getting failures loading in and out of the PU.
- Stanton – Infinite Load – Players will experience an infinite load when loading back into PU after exiting
- VERY IMPORTANT! There is an issue where your player has a chance of not getting removed properly from a server when exiting to menu or leaving the game, particularly when quickly relogging. This will appear as the character creation button displaying “Saving Character”. If you experience this, you will not be able to enter the PU and will experience an infinite load until the message goes away. WARNING! Attempting to join the PU will affect other players testing in the PU so please DO NOT ATTEMPT TO JOIN PU WHEN YOU SEE “SAVING CHARACTER”. This can take anywhere from 5 – 10 minutes and you will have to go in/out of the menu for the button to refresh status. If it lasts longer than 10 minutes you may have to do a recopy to the PTU..
- Character Customizer – UI – After exiting the PU, there is a chance the player cannot re-enter the character customizer. The UI remains grayed out with the message “Saving Character…”
- Front End – Login – Disconnection (CODE 30009) On launching into Persistent Universe (moderate chance of this happening)
- Front End – Logging In/Out – After recovering from a 30k, players can become stuck on location selection screen, unable to advance
- Crash – Client – Crash when logging out via ships bed leading to further crashes when relaunching the client
- Insurance – Ship successfully claims, but times out on retrieval (Players may need to recopy if they run out of ships)
- ASOP Terminal – Players are unable to file an insurance claim via the ASOP, and can cause the vehicle to appear to duplicate itself in the vehicle list (Players may need to recopy if they run out of ships)
- Multi-Ship – Ships / Vehicles – Ships spawning in damaged state despite full health
- Stanton – ArcCorp – Area18 – Locations – Transit System – Area18’s Trams have a chance to overlap each other while docking at the Plaza station
- Area18 tram is 100% blocked by issues so please do not set this as your starting location!
- Backend Services – Wallet – aUEC set to 0 (All transactions buy/selling are not functional in this build.
- Orison – Locations – The elevator in the Stratus building on Orison is entirely missing
- Game-code / ATC / Law / Live Design – There is no timer shown warning the players that their ship will be impounded if they do not move off an inactive flight bay
New ship & vehicle
- Alpha 3.18.0 EPTU.8249922 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0b EPTU.8267942 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0c EPTU.8272918 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0d EPTU.8276733 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0e EPTU.8280883 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0f EPTU.8287271 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0g EPTU.8291026 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0a EPTU.8295399 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0b EPTU.8296278 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0c EPTU.8298048 Patch Notes