We know that many of you eagerly await the launch of Alpha 3.17.2, and we’re happy to share that we’re currently on track for a live release tomorrow.
With the release of Alpha 3.17.2, you can expect both the Siege of Orison (NEW) and Jumptown events to be active on a rotating schedule for the two weeks following patch release. Rather than specific times, the events will run the entirety of the day they are scheduled, to accommodate all time zones. The full schedule will be available alongside the patch release.
New Player Cap
With the release of Alpha 3.17.2, we plan to double the capacity of servers to 100 players per server, allowing more pilots to participate in large-scale dynamic events, community events, PvP encounters, and more. We know this change will come as a welcome surprise to many, and we’d be remiss if we didn’t call out the incredible efforts happening behind the scenes to make this possible by our engineering and publishing teams. This change is a meaningful and crucial step towards the full experience of our shared massive universe, and we’re happy to report that the team is making excellent progress.
It is important to remember that an increase in players does introduce more potential for stability/performance issues, but rest assured that we’ll be we’ll be monitoring closely, making tweaks and injecting fixes on the backend based on our observations. This is made possible by our infrastructure now allowing us to deploy server side fixes, without the need for a patch release.
Separately, we’ll also utilize dynamically fluctuating server caps that will prioritize performance/stability. This means that some servers will have a cap less than 100, while others will have more. We plan to continue this initiative moving forward, with the goal of increasing the player cap per server as much as we can, while being mindful of the play experience.
It is likely that we will run with a lower player cap (<100) during the Siege of Orison dynamic event, simply to account for initial gameplay balance/rewards being designed initially for a lower cap. However, Jumptown will likely have a 100 player cap per server enabled (so, get ready for mayhem).
As always, we want to hear from you! Make sure to head over to our dedicated testing feedback threads and let us know about your experience.
We announced a wipe for the live release of Alpha 3.17.2 back in June, and want to remind folks as such. While we anticipate wipes to be irregular (our last ones being way back in Alpha 3.8.2 and Alpha 3.15 ), as many of you already expect, we’ll likely wipe again alongside the release of Alpha 3.18. This is simply due to the fact that the backend will have a major rework as long-awaited systems such as Persistence come online.
Database Wipe Stipend
While we don’t like having to initiate a database wipe, especially when it means elements of your hard work are reset, it is a necessary step needed from time to time while we’re in Alpha.
The good news is, alongside the release of Alpha 3.17.2, we have worked with the design team to distribute a generous quantity of aUEC based on the number of hours you played during Alpha 3.17.1. Once the patch goes live, you’ll find these credits have already been delivered straight to your mobiGlas wallet.
We’ll see you in the ‘verse!
- Weapon Refactor, ATC, and More
- Quantum, Cluster Missiles & More
- Gen12: Progress and Performance Improvements
- Networking Improvements, Mission Box Added to Mustang and more
- Database Wipe
- Siege of Orison – Positive Impact
- A Snake Pit Full of Shared Passion
- Alpha 3.17.2 Update
New ship & vehicle
- Alpha 3.17.0 PTU.7988496 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0b PTU.7992713 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0c PTU.7996238 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0d PTU.7998611 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0e PTU.8003511 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0f PTU.8005836 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0g PTU.8012110 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0h PTU.8013344 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0i PTU.8014594 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0j PTU.8016740 Patch Notes
PTU WAVE 1
- Alpha 3.17.0 PTU.8016740 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0l PTU.8021249 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0m PTU.8025815 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0n PTU.8026942 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0o PTU.8029196 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0p PTU.8031755 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0q PTU.8035045 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0r PTU.8036373 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0s PTU.8038043 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0t PTU.8039369 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0u PTU.8040935 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0v PTU.8043552 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0w PTU.8045326 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0x PTU.8046370 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0y PTU.8048627 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0z PTU.8050844 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0aa PTU.8052409 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.1-EPTU.8054391 Playtest Information
- Alpha 3.17.1-EPTU.8058266 Playtest Information
- Alpha 3.17.1-EPTU.8060839 Playtest Information
- Alpha 3.17.1 EPTU.8066896 Patch Notes
3.17.1 OPEN PTU
- Alpha 3.17.1 PTU.8069117 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.1b PTU.8070519 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.1c PTU.8071730 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.1d PTU.8073467 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2-PTU.8106090 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2b PTU.8107688 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2c PTU.8113300 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2d PTU.8118455 Patch Notes
3.17.2 PTU WAVE 1
- Alpha 3.17.2 PTU.8121594 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2f PTU.8123122 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2g PTU.8124794 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2h PTU.8126069 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2i PTU.8128264 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2j PTU.8129574 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2k PTU.8132979 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2l PTU.8134233 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2m PTU.8136799 Patch Notes
3.17.2 PTU WAVE 2
3.17.2 PTU OPEN
- Alpha 3.17.2o PTU.8139394 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2p PTU.8140979 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2q PTU.8142179 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2r PTU.8143480 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2s PTU.8145195 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2t PTU.8146540 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2u PTU.8148301 Patch Notes
3.17.2 PTU OPEN
- Alpha 3.17.2v PTU.8160879 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2w PTU.8166823 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2x PTU.8168029 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.2y PTU.8173485 Patch Notes