Alpha Patch 3.17.0 has been released to Evocati, and is now available to test! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.17.0-PTU.7988496.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\PTU.
Database Reset: Yes
Long Term Persistence: Enabled
Pledge Copy: Disabled
Starting aUEC: 15,000,000
The current build is under NDA
Please log out then back in on the issue council site to see the Evocati environment there. Please make sure to only select the Evocati 3.15 environment when creating IC reports while the builds are Evocati only
Please monitor etf-testing-chat in spectrum for updates and testing instructions.
USER.cfg settings: r_displaySessionInfo = 1
Note: This patch does not contain all of the intended features, which will be added iteratively to the notes as they become available. Additionally, some features may be implemented in a partial state and as such are not ready for testing. When those features reach a playable state they will be detailed on the notes and added to the “Testing Focus”. Please issue council all issues related to those in testing focus and in general gameplay.
Updated to the latest Easy Anticheat SDK
- Better linux support (While this is not officially supported by us it would be nice to hear about linux users experiences with this new update!)
- Updated supported Reshade to the latest version 5.0.2 (Previous versions won’t be supported, we currently can only greenlight one version at a time, therefore invalidating the previous ones)
- Starfarers and Refueling are in an incomplete state in this build and are not testable so please avoid using these if possible.
- Ship Positional Desync Test
- In 3.17.0 we have put in a networking update that should reduce ship to ship desync. We would like to know how well this update works and if there are any observable knock-ons. Relative to 3.16, you should feel as though the facing direction and position of other player ships are much more accurate and real time. We have created a feedback thread in spectrum so please let us know about any potential issues with this that could include ship jittering, rubberbanding, jittering, and other effects of that nature.
- Lorville Hospital and Space Station Clinic Variations
- Coffee Shop Vendor
- Mining Gadgets
- Player Injury Updates
- DNA Head Texture Updates
- There are some missing dependences in this build that may cause ship aiming systems to work inconsistently This could cause a few things like turret UI being out of sync and shots not connecting frequently.
- Players can experience severe delays and failures to equip items into the appropriate inventory slots
- Players are not able to complete purchases when using the kiosk terminals (doesn’t occur everywhere: certain kiosks may give a transaction error)
- Refinery deck terminals do not function
- AR Markers are present when opening the mobiGlas which can make it hard to read
- Players cannot pick up module attachments if they were dropped on the ground (multitool or medical attachments)
- After respawning in area with a highly populated inventory, inventory population can prevent the player from equipping a new outfit for > 120 seconds
- MISC Prospector “Effective Range” indicator is hard to read due to HUD brightness
- Aegis branded assets present on Drake caterpillar crash sites
- The Filters in NikNax do not function
- Players can get stuck inside geometry by sitting on and getting up from some boxes on refinery decks
- Duplicated elevators can trap players and / or block game play flow (UGFs)
- Many mineable asteroids can’t be scanned
- Ships can explode after players exit them
- MFDs are difficult to interact with due to overriding Inner Thought prompts
- Various repair areas don’t always spawn back all ship weapons after ship repair completes
- Refueling cost per SCU is extremely high
- Medpens and medical equipment have low LOD both in pharmacy kiosk and when being used
Lorville Maria Pure of Heart – Hospital Interior Location
Implementation of Maria Pure of Heart hospital in Lorville, where players can be healed and revived, as well as purchase medical supplies.
Space Station Clinics: Variations
Updated all current space station clinics with new additional modules and layouts to make each space station clinic unique.
Initial implementation of river tech to enhance the ecosystems of our planets. This first iteration will add a single river with harvestables nearby onto microTech as a showcase with the intention of expanding on this in future releases.
Coffee Shop Vendor
The addition of a fully interactable coffee shop vendor in Area18. The AI will interact with three new usables – Hot drink dispenser, soft drink dispenser, and drinks fridge – to serve the player with a variety of new drinks.
Mining Gadgets are tools to help modify the a rock’s properties and assist the player with mining a Deposit. There are many differing gadgets that include stats that will positively or negatively modify rock Resistance, Optimal Charge Rate, Overcharge Rate, Instability, Optimal Charge Window, Optimal Charge Rate, and Shatter Damage. The player can attach a device physically to a mineable deposit in FPS to modify its stats, making mining either easier and safer, or quicker and riskier. Players can currently buy these in New Babbage, Lorville, and Port Olisar and attach them to their backpacks as an equipped item that can be held in the hands by pressing 4 (default keybind) and re-stored by holding R. Once a player finds a minable rock/asteroid they want to mine, they can attach the gadget onto it by walking or EVAing up to it, holding it in their hands, and holding left mouse button to place it on the rock. This will allow players to then modify the signal waves to align them on the mining gadget screen and activate it. Once back in their mining ship, the player can scan the rock and will notice an improvement based on the gadget used. Gadgets are retrievable after successfully mining but will take damage and can be destroyed if going above safe mining levels or overcharging a rock.
DNA Head Textures Update
Art updates for DNA archetype heads that greatly improve the quality of all DNA heads, both for players and common NPCs. This update brings additional archetype heads, while also updating base textures, wrinkle maps, and irises for the original heads.
Separated Low Orbit Stations and Landing Zones to each have their own inventories
Ground Vehicle Signature Emissions Changes
Adjusted ground vehicle signature emissions so that they are more difficult to detect at higher ranges.
Player Injury Polish Pass
We have overhauled the injury system to increase the likelihood of injuries occurring during repeated combat encounters and decrease the chance of instant death. There is now a scaling percent chance of triggering early injuries when taking damage to a body part. This is assessed each time the body part receives additional wear and has a short cooldown between triggers to prevent it from occurring too frequently.
FPS Weapon Refactor
Ongoing updates to make procedural animations more natural for holding FPS weapons. Adjusted weapon sway and recoil values across a wide range of rifles, SMGs, shotguns, and sniper rifles.
Added keybind option to request ATC landing (unbound by default)
- Fixed an issue causing the repair and restock functions to not work consistently
- Fixed an issue where ships get could get stored in an unknown state at outposts
- Fixed an issue causing the quantum drive to not engage consistently
- Fixed an issue causing players to be unable to set routes or QT towards certain missions
- Items left on landing pads should now be cleaned up, so that they no longer block ships from spawning on the pads
- Fixed an issue causing the mission broker to stop updating and displaying new instances of reputation-gated missions
- Wallace Klim should now correctly offer missions to players via the mobiGlas contract manager
- Shooting another player should no longer always result with instant death rather than placing player in an incapacitated state first
- Hitting your own corpse with a ship should no longer give you a crime stat
- Fixed several areas of ships where the shields did not fully extend coverage, allowing damage to pass through in the Avenger series, Arrow, Spartan, Hammerhead, Retaliator, Hercules Starlifter series, Buccaneer, 400i, 85X, Tumbril Cyclone
- Third person camera should no longer get stuck after ship is impounded
- The Valkyrie ramp will no longer clip through the floor when players open the ramp, which caused it to bounce throughout the hangar
- Players should no longer get stuck on “Awaiting Selection” and be unable to select ships for AC modes other than Free Flight
- Accessing the mobiGlas while holding a loot crate will no longer attach the crate to the player, preventing the crate from being dropped except via weapon swap and causing a loss of Grab functionality
- Hunger and Thirst values should now persist between client sessions
- Players should no longer have a chance to be stuck in prone if falling down when entering a ship from EVA
- The player should no longer be kicked out of the Persistent Universe while in a downed state waiting to be revived
- Fixed an issue causing OxyPens to not replenish oxygen
- Fixed an issue that was causing hostile actions against AI-piloted ships to not correctly match hostile actions against players
- Fixed an issue causing the vial to not pop out of the medical when in reaching zero ammo in self-heal mode
- Fixed an issue causing certain FPS weapons to be incorrectly dropped with Tier 1 arm injuries
- Fixed an issue causing multiple rooms in the GrimHex hospital to be incorrectly pressurized and not have atmosphere
- Fixed multiple locations where players can get stuck behind crates in derelicts
- Fixed 11 Client Crashes
- Fixed 2 Server Crashes
- Weapon Refactor, ATC, and More
- Quantum, Cluster Missiles & More
- Gen12: Progress and Performance Improvements
New ship & vehicle
- Alpha 3.17.0 PTU.7988496 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0b PTU.7992713 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0c PTU.7996238 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0d PTU.7998611 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0e PTU.8003511 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0f PTU.8005836 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0g PTU.8012110 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0h PTU.8013344 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0i PTU.8014594 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0j PTU.8016740 Patch Notes
PTU WAVE 1
- Alpha 3.17.0 PTU.8016740 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0l PTU.8021249 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0m PTU.8025815 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0n PTU.8026942 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0o PTU.8029196 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0p PTU.8031755 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0q PTU.8035045 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0r PTU.8036373 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0s PTU.8038043 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0t PTU.8039369 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0u PTU.8040935 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0v PTU.8043552 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0w PTU.8045326 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0x PTU.8046370 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0y PTU.8048627 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0z PTU.8050844 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.0aa PTU.8052409 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.1-EPTU.8054391 Playtest Information
- Alpha 3.17.1-EPTU.8058266 Playtest Information
- Alpha 3.17.1-EPTU.8060839 Playtest Information
- Alpha 3.17.1 EPTU.8066896 Patch Notes
3.17.1 OPEN PTU
- Alpha 3.17.1 PTU.8069117 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.1b PTU.8070519 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.1c PTU.8071730 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.17.1d PTU.8073467 Patch Notes