Alpha Patch 3.18.0 has been released to Evocati and is now available to test! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.18.0-EPTU.8276733.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER and Shader folders for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:Program FilesRoberts Space IndustriesStarCitizenEPTU. The Shader folders can be found here %localappdata%Star Citizen.
Database Reset: Yes
Server Region: US Servers Only
Long Term Persistence: N/A
Pledge Copy: Disabled (Players will be given a limited ship list)
The current build is under NDA
Please log out then back in on the issue council site to see the Evocati environment there. Please make sure to only select the Evocati 3.18 environment when creating IC reports while the builds are Evocati only
Please monitor etf-testing-chat in spectrum for updates and testing instructions.
USER.cfg settings: r_displaySessionInfo = 1
Note: This patch does not contain all of the intended features, which will be added iteratively to the notes as they become available. Additionally, some features may be implemented in a partial state and as such are not ready for testing. When those features reach a playable state they will be detailed on the notes and added to the “Testing Focus”. Please issue council all issues related to those in testing focus and in general gameplay.
Special Warning Please Read!
Please do not enter Arena Commander or Star Marine in this release!
Playtest length: We are planning on leaving the build up until 9pm CST | 02:00 UTC pending any instability with the build
Objective: Testing initial login flow, loading into the universe, spawning a ship, and general stability. If the build proves stable we would love to have players explore and test out bounty missions, updated restricted area designs, and possibly the new FPS missions using the Orison platforms!
Note: If your character gets into a bad state and is unable to rejoin the PU or you see a 30009 error, please wait 5-10 min at most and if the issue persists, then try to recopy your account to the PTU.
This build has many server/client crash fixes, ASOP/Insurance fixes, quantum travel, networking, reputation on mission completion, elevator visarea, and transit fixes that should help make it much more playable compared to previous tests!
Please reference the known issues below for workarounds and what NOT to do, and specific behaviors to avoid. In this test we are looking for players to log in, navigate to the hangar, and spawn a ship as well check general build stability.
Since the features for 3.18.0 are still in a very incomplete state we are not asking for feedback on specific features such as the updated cargo system, new crash sites, and other features.
Disclaimer: These are not a complete list of issues known internally to us but ones hand selected for this playtest. Known issues are not always 100% occurrences and may happen frequently or not at all for some players.
- Character Customizer – Stuck on “Saving Character” on the Front End menu after the first time joining PU
- Multi-Ship – Ships / Vehicles – Ships spawning in damaged state despite full health
- PES – Core Tech – Player spawned vehicles will persist until the Player character is stowed following a Client-Side crash
- Multivehicle – VMA – Vehicles / Ship Components / UI – Unable to customize any ship within the Vehicle Loadout Manager
- Ships / Vehicles – VMS / CryAstro Services – CryAstro services does not offer the option to repair/refuel/restock ships
- Persistent Entity Streaming – Game Code / Characters – After exiting to menu, when reconnecting to the PU, players will load into their primary residence and not their last saved location
- Prison – Player is stuck at Klescher after completion of prison sentence (Workaround: Log out and the bug above will place you back in your home location)
- Infinite Load – If the player idles out while playing ( Error Code: 30028 ) it will cause an infinite load either returning to main menu, or attempting a client restart to re-enter the PU
- Transit – Elevators and Trams are “Jittery” during transit of Player Character
- Mining – Game Code – Many mineable asteroids can’t be scanned
- Persistence – Ship Bed Logout – After logging out in a ship bed, logging in may result in the player spawning at the default location, missing their last equipment loadout
- Inventory / Loot Boxes – Loot Boxes will Disappear on Approach or after Opening
- Insurance – Multivehicle – Ships can be duplicated after forced Claim process if initially these are Retrieved and then Stored on a different ASOP terminal
- UI / Vehicles – Quantum Travel – Quantum needs to “Clear Route” after every jump
- Quantum Travel – UI – Orbital Markers NavPoints are missing on Planets
- Ships / Quantum travel – Quantum drive will be disabled after traveling to a nav surface marker
- Quantum Travel – QT markers disappear when travelling between planetary markers until QT drive finishes spooling
- Locations / Hurston/Lorville – Commodity Kiosk – UI – UI may become blurry/illegible while in use
- Multiple Locations – Actor Feature / UI – Medical – Player unable to heal injuries in med bed
- Shuttle to vision center never arrives / gets stuck
- Starships can be spawned in an inappropriate-sized hangar (Multiple locations)
New ship & vehicle
- Alpha 3.18.0 EPTU.8249922 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0b EPTU.8267942 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0c EPTU.8272918 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0d EPTU.8276733 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0e EPTU.8280883 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0f EPTU.8287271 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0g EPTU.8291026 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0a EPTU.8295399 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0b EPTU.8296278 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0c EPTU.8298048 Patch Notes