Alpha Patch 3.18.0a has been released to Evocati, and is now available to test! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.18.0-EPTU.8295399.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:Program FilesRoberts Space IndustriesStarCitizenEPTU.
Database Reset: Yes
Long Term Persistence: Enabled
Pledge Copy: Disabled (Players will receive a limited ship list including Vulture/Corsair)
Starting aUEC: n/a
The current build is under NDA
Please log out then back in on the issue council site to see the Evocati environment there. Please make sure to only select the Evocati 3.18 environment when creating IC reports while the builds are Evocati only
Please monitor etf-testing-chat in spectrum for updates and testing instructions.
USER.cfg settings: r_displaySessionInfo = 1
Note: This patch does not contain all of the intended features, which will be added iteratively to the notes as they become available. Additionally, some features may be implemented in a partial state and as such are not ready for testing. When those features reach a playable state they will be detailed on the notes and added to the “Testing Focus”. Please issue council all issues related to those in testing focus and in general gameplay.
- Salvage – Hull Scraping
- Platform Assault on Orison
- Security Post Kareah Reactivation
- Courier Delivery Missions Update
- Sandbox Prison Activities
- Sand Caves
- Daymar Crash Site
- Stanton Racetrack Locations
- Greycat PTV Race Track
- New Rivers
- Inventory – Equipment – Equipped items are lost from character after 30k
- Character Customizer – Stuck on “Saving Character” on the Front End menu after the first time joining PU
- PES – Core Tech – Characters not properly stowed after logout ; able to be observed while not logged in by other accounts
- Shopping – New Babbage – Pharmacy Kiosk – Pharmacy purchases result in ” Failed Invalid Location ” error
- Economy / Commodity – Ships / Vehicles / FPS – Ships & Vehicles & FPS storage are not detected by commodity or admin kiosks of any kind
- Multivehicle – VMA – Vehicles / Ship Components / UI – Unable to customize any ship within the Vehicle Loadout Manager
- ASOP terminal hangs on “Please wait while your vehicle is being delivered”
- Locations / Hurston/Lorville – Commodity Kiosk – UI – UI may become blurry/illegible while in use
- Load / Location – More than one player can load into a habitat bed at the same time
- Transit – Elevators and Trams are “Jittery” during transit of Player Character
- Derelict – Missing Salvage Wrecks
- Multiple Locations – Sand Cave – Locations / Art – Caves have “Scotch Tape” like textures over sections of the entrances and around stalagmite features inside of the cave
- UI / Vehicle HUD – It is possible for the Vehicle HUD to vanish for the player during flight and combat
- Stanton – Interactions – Terminals are not responsive and some are not resetting
- Performance – 3rd person Camera – Massive stutter when using external view / F4 view for first time
- Vulture pitches down in atmosphere when locking pitch/yaw
- Vehicles / VFX- Drake Vulture missing thruster VFX
- The Corsair does not respond to either Expand Configuration or Retract Configuration bindings
- Orison – Mission Content / Locations – A hostile AI is stuck inside a wall at HMR-A and one hostile appears missing at BWD-G for Bounty Assignment: Neal Garrison mission
- Inventory / Loot Boxes – Loot Boxes will Disappear on Approach or after Opening
- Multiple Locations – Actor Feature / UI – Medical – Player unable to heal injuries in med bed
Daymar Crash Site
A large derelict settlement on Daymar using parts of the StarRunner & 600i, as well as some habs adapted to the biome, to create a point of interest with included kill all, kill specific, and delivery missions.
Sand Cave Archetype
The addition of the new Sand Cave Archetype across multiple planets and moons in the Stanton System, including Hurston, Magda, Ita, Daymar, and Wala each with their own 20 unique sand cave formations. These new sand caves include the brand new land crustacean known as the Stone Bug with it’s new harvestable, the Stone Bug Shell.
Stanton Racetrack Locations
Addition of many new racing locations into Stanton. With this update we are including 3 out of the 6 new and community driven racing locations into the Persistent Universe (with time trials missions and 3 more racing locations coming in future PTU updates) with updated assets and set dressings to make each racing location a unique and rewarding experience for players to test their racing skills. These Racing Tracks include: Daymar – Yadar Valley – 11km at 235deg from The Garden UGF, Orison – Caplan Stadium – 16.5km at 244deg from Orison marker, and Hurston – Lorville Gateways – 6.5km at 290deg from Lorville QT marker.
Greycat PTV Race Track
Implementing a race track into the Orison Vision Centre on Crusader in the same location as the most recent Invictus Launch Week, designed for the Greycat PTV.
Security Post Kareah Reactivation
Security Post Kareah will be taking a more central role in Stanton’s security. Crusader Security have moved in a full-time staff and have begun storing confiscated contraband aboard. The station will be off limits to all civilians, unless given prior authorization. Kareah has undergone a full art redesign polish. This includes a new evidence and contraband processing office addition with interactable contraband dispenser, new traversal pathways, new color schemes and branding, and updated set dressing and cover around the whole interior. The interior and exterior of Kareah have been updated with armed admin AI and reinforcements including new crusader security loadouts and police detectives in kevlar.
Inside Kareah, criminal players will now be able to trigger a boss to spawn after killing several AI. After this boss has been killed players will be able to loot them and find a code on their body that will unlock a terminal inside the evidence storage room. After unlocking, players will be able to activate the contraband machine to dispense drugs. The player will be able to keep getting drugs out of the dispenser until a set amount of items are generated (randomized amount between 15 and 20 items). Once all items have been retrieved, the security terminal will lock itself, and upon leaving, the contraband room the door should lock not allowing players access to the area.
Along with the Security Post Kareah Reactivation, we are introducing a new mission type called Retake Location. Initially only at Security Post Kareah, this new mission type is generated for players when a location deems itself under attack (e.g. when X amount of a location’s population is killed). This mission will generate for players outside of the location and will allow players to go to that location and lawfully enter and remove all hostile attackers. Each attacker a player kills will give them a bonus after completing the mission. Any players in the area contributing to the mission will get part of the overall reward.
Platform Assault on Orison
Addition of Bounty, Assassinate, Clear All, and other missions that take place on the Inspiration Park platforms created for Siege of Orison. This includes eliminate all missions similar to the current UGF missions. For these islands the player will be tasked with killing everyone in a given building. These Mercenary missions available from Crusader Industries will have
Salvage – Hull Scraping
The first implementation of Salvage into the persistent universe, which includes both hull stripping as well as repair. This includes both performing hull stripping and repairs by hand, as well as hull stripping using the systems aboard the Drake Vulture and Aegis Reclaimer. Using highly advanced compression technology, these tools can break down ship and vehicle exteriors, converting them into Recycled Material Composite (RMC), and store them in the canisters attached. The player then has the option to either use this material to repair their ship using the FPS multi-tool by filling in damaged areas or they can sell this material as a commodity.
Vehicle Hull Scraping
Salvaging while in a vehicle is a mode like mining. To be able to scrape the hull of a newly “found” wreck, the target must have it’s shields turned off (Indicator in UI will informs about shield state). To enter and exit Salvage mode hit ‘m’ (Default keybind). Players can right click to cycle through attached Beams in the sub item slot. By Left Clicking players can activate and deactivate the scraper beam. There are 2 modes players can be in while salvaging by pressing ‘G’ (Default keybind), Converging and Fixed Mode. Fixed mode acts like weapons and points the salvage beams directly where the player aims the ship while Converging mode lets players gimbal the beams independently. Left alt + Mouse wheel will move converging point while Left alt + Right click will switch between vertical and horizontal converging mode. Players will need to manually remove filled storage boxes from the ship’s salvaging area using a using a handheld tractor beam or by converting it into RMC canisters for repairing.
FPS Hull Scraping & repair
To utilize FPS Hull scraping mechanics, players will first need to acquire a Grin Multi-tool, the Salvage and repair module for it, and the ammunition canister for the salvage and repair module. As will ship hull scraping, players will be able to strip away the hull of a ship while it’s shields are down (Indicator in UI will informs about shield state) and store the Recycled Material Composite (RMC) in the canister. Players can cycle between salvage and repair mode by pressing ‘B’ (Default keybind) a which will allow them to either scrape away materials or use collected materials to repair the hull of a ship.
Vehicle Soft Death
Ships and vehicles will now go into a “soft death” state instead of instantly exploding. This will put the ship into a power down state unlocked doors which allows players to board to take on the crew and cargo inside.
Sandbox Prison Activities
Expansion of prison gameplay with a new suite of missions and sandbox activities to give inmates more opportunities to earn merits or to aid in their escape from prison. The prison and it’s mine are now filled with an emergent population of prison guards and civilian prisoners’ with lootable items. Players will be able to loot contraband located throughout the prison mines and from bodies and sell to the prison kiosk for merits. This includes a brand new Prison Escape Delivery Mission, where players have to find and loot an item in the escape route and then deliver it at the nearest outpost, upon doing this the player then will have their criminal record wiped by the mission giver. Players will now incur a punishment for suiciding in the prison, however if they retrieve their gear from their dead body they can pay off this merit value instantly.
Request landing has a new default keybinding of ALT + N.
Ships and Vehicles
Addition of Drake Interplanetary’s light salvage ship known as the Vulture.
Weapons and Items
Greycat Multi-tool Salvage Attachment
Addition of the new multi-tool salvage attachment into the PU. This new attachment attaches to the Grin Multi-tool along with the new salvage ammunition canister to allow players to scrape and repair the hulls of vehicles.
Persistent Entity Streaming
Implementation of the Persistent Entity Streaming core technology into Star Citizen. Making use of services such as the Entity Graph and Replication Layer, this will allow every dynamic object in the game to fully persist across all servers, irrelevant of whether it is owned or held by a player.
New Rivers in Stanton
Adding dozens of additional rivers and lakes on microTech and Hurston.Setting up biome-specific object rulesets around bodies of water and distributing those by placing additional rivers and lakes on microTech and Hurston.
Restricted Areas v3
Complete rework of the restricted area tech around landing zones. Instead of ships being autopiloted away or destroyed upon entering a Restricted Area, players are now given more freedom to fly and maneuver around cities. Upon entering a Restricted Area, players will now be given a text warning, a countdown, and an arrow pointing towards the exit. If the countdown ends, or they go further into the Restricted Area, the player will be teleported to a safe location, their ship will be impounded and they will receive a misdemeanor crime stat. This feature also applies to Ground Vehicles. Players outside of a vehicle won’t receive a countdown but will be teleported to safety if they venture too far into a Restricted Area.
Caterpillar Crash Sites Improvements V1
Added base AI to populate caterpillar crash sites. Added kill specific and kill all missions. Including a general polish pass and visual improvements.
Derelict Settlements – Reclaimer V2
General polish pass to the Reclaimer including additional buildings and general visual improvements.
Added Parallax Interior Window Shader for buildings around all landing zones
NPC Loadout Updates
Updated many NPC loadouts throughout Stanton with new Shopkeeper outfits, Earth Fashion Dress, Hospital Surgeon outfits, Service hats and aprons in shops, and armor sets.
Courier Delivery Missions Update
Addition of new Local Courier Delivery Missions around each Stanton planet system. These new missions are based around the local delivery companies for each planet system in Stanton and give players a more focused area for deliveries. There are 4 new Delivery reputations based on the area you are in. Red Wind Local Delivery, Ling Family Local Delivery Route, Covalex Local Delivery Route, and UDM Local Delivery Route. These new missions can be acquired after completing the intro missions for the local delivery company in your area.
QoL Inventory Updates
Added ability for long term persistence (LTP) items to stack in inventory. Added transfer all button to inventories that work based on selected filters. Added visual feedback attempting to quick move an item that won’t fit in the target inventory. Implemented toggle option to the top right of the player’s inventory to always show/hide item ports for equipping gear.
Law System Improvements
Crime Stat 1 & 2 will no longer be punishable by death and instead allows players to pay them off with a fine.
- Updated to new Gen12 Rendering
- Updated Commodity Kiosks to Use Building Blocks Tech
- Fixed – DRAKE Corsair – Core Tech / Physics – When flying in a straight line in atmosphere, the Corsair will nose down without pilot input making it hard to control when at speed
- Fixed – Commodity Trading / Selling / UI – Commodities will not appear in the Commodity Kiosks and cannot be sold
- Fixed – Orison – Transit – Shuttle to vision center never arrives / gets stuck
- Fixed – Character / Loadout – After exiting Klescher, player will have no head or mobiglas
- Fixed – Ship drops out of quantum when Pressing B or Missile Mode
- Fixed – QT markers disappear when travelling between planetary markers until QT drive finishes spooling
- Fixed – Security Post Kareah – AI / Mission Content – Security AI are not spawning in their correct loadouts causing them to cower/surrender
- Fixed – Mission Content / AI – Infiltrate Orison – AI are not leaving their spawn closets
- Fixed – AC – Loadout / Ship Customization – Owned items not displayed in the list of equippable items
- Fixed – Inner Thought wheel Back / Exit button UI is missing, and replaced with an ” X “
- Closure rate marker fixed to give correct velocity towards target rather than full relative speed
Fixed 8 Client Crashes
Fixed 6 Server Crashes
Fixed 1 Gen12 GPU Crash
- Arena Commander Quality of Life Updates
System / Balance
- PES Successfully Integrated Into Arena Commander
- Added Grey Screen effect when dead for all modes
- The system used to white/blacklist ships from gamemodes has been compeletely reworked
- BleedOut will now award the shooter, both for causing the bleed out and for all bleeding damage inflicted afterwards
- Several UI systems have upgraded to Building Blocks
- The 3 top most scoring players in all game modes now gain an additional 2000, 1500, and 1000 score respectively. While all other players gain a 500 score participation award
- In team game modes Victory now awards 2000 score, while defeat awards 500 score
- The top scoring player in any game mode is now awarded MVP, awarding additional score & displaying in the GameFeed
- Hemorrhage now displays as a secondary scoring event
- Items & Vehicle should now appear alphabetically in the Rental/Customization screens
- Increased player limit of FreeFlight from 8 to 24
- Decreased required player count for Last Stand from 6 to 4
- Removed 3rd Person Camera from Elimination
- Last Stand now displays your objective in the top right of the screen
- Adjusted skybox in Dying Star to match the upcoming Pyro System
- Dying Star has underwent a visibility pass, greatly reducing cloud density, glare and size of smoke particle effects which lead to poor visibility and motion sickness for some players
- Reduced the density of the yellow glowing gas cloud plus the lights that made it appear more opaque than it needed to be, reduced the size, frequency and opacity of the black ash particles that, along with the previously brightly-lit gas cloud, made flight direction disorientating and basic visibility really difficult. There is still a bit of glare when staring directly at the star going supernova, but I still really like this. It’s the other 99% of the map that has had its visibility generally improved.
- (GameWide) Closure rate marker fixed to give correct velocity towards target rather than full relative speed
- Damaging a friendly with a missile now correctly gives negative score based on the damage dealt
- Damaging a friendly with a missile in modes where friendly fire is disabled will no longer damage the friendly target
- Explosions and Collisions now follow friendly fire rules
- Last Stand will no longer respawn an already spawned player at the start of a round
- Duel Mode should no longer affect the Battle Royale Leaderboards
- Fixed various issues with collisions of asteroids in Broken Moon & Dying Star
- Fixed various issues with missing geometry in Dying Star
- Fixed various issues causing poor performance in Dying Star
- Fixed various vis-area issues across OP Station Demien, Echo11 and The Good Doctor
- Fixed various issues where killing a player would not award the full score pool, most notiably when getting headshots
- Fixed an issue where ships would duplicate repeatedly for players who were stuck on the loading screen
- Fixed an issue where players would spawn into ships with missing components
- Fixed an issue where a player could spawn into a ship that had no seat, causing the players character to get into a bad state
- Fixed an issue where the player would retain the recoil camera shake from death to their respawn
- Fixed an issue where destroying another ship in Squadron Battle would award 10k team points rather than the value of the destroyed ship
- Fixed an issue where players who killed themselves in Squadron Battle would give their team -10k points
- Fixed an issue where friendly fire would affect the team score
- Fixed an issue where occasionally when renting an item you would experience a large hang
- Fixed an issue where bleedout kills displayed incorrectly in the game-feed
- Fixed a crash when loading into an empty team-based game mode
- Fixed an issue where self-destructing awarded positive points
- Fixed an issue where an attacker would receive -1 kill if the target bled out
- Fixed an issue where the marker for medpen & ammo containers was not appearing
- Fixed a crash when acquiring pick-ups
- Fixed a crash on finishing an Elimination match
- Fixed a crash when joining Team game modes
- Fixed 7 Arena Commander Crashes
- Various optimizations to systems including PlayableArea, GameRules, and Rental Services
New ship & vehicle
- Alpha 3.18.0 EPTU.8249922 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0b EPTU.8267942 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0c EPTU.8272918 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0d EPTU.8276733 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0e EPTU.8280883 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0f EPTU.8287271 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0g EPTU.8291026 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0a EPTU.8295399 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0b EPTU.8296278 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0c EPTU.8298048 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0d EPTU.8299445 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0e EPTU.8302141 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0f EPTU.8303607 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0g EPTU.8305317 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0h EPTU.8306697 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0i EPTU.8307773 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0j EPTU.8311073 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0k EPTU.8312268 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0l EPTU.8313558 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0m EPTU.8313827 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0n EPTU.8316737 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0o EPTU.8318232 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0p EPTU.8319238 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8319689 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0r PTU.8321451 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0s PTU.8322192 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0t PTU.8323027 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0u PTU.8324837 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0v PTU.8328236 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0w PTU.8335445 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0x PTU.8340717 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0y PTU.8342974 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0z PTU.8344026 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8345033 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8346551 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8349208 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8352563 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8356208 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8358255 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8361845 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8362604 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8364000 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8365461 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8373877 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8374786 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8376002 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8378122 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8378932 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8380401 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8381034 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8382259 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8383510 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8384444 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8385683 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8387153 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0 PTU.8389318 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.1 PTU.8410680 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.1 PTU.8411181 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.1 PTU.8412394 Patch Notes
3.18.2 OPEN PTU
- Alpha 3.18.2 EPTU.8414091 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.2 PTU.8428298 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.2 PTU.8435197 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.2 PTU.8437209 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.2 PTU.8439852 Patch Notes