Alpha Patch 3.18.0 has been released to Evocati and is now available to test! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.18.0-EPTU.8287271.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER and Shader folders for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:Program FilesRoberts Space IndustriesStarCitizenEPTU. The Shader folders can be found here %localappdata%Star Citizen.
Database Reset: Yes
Server Region: US Servers Only
Long Term Persistence: N/A
Pledge Copy: Disabled (Players will be given a limited ship list)
The current build is under NDA
Please log out then back in on the issue council site to see the Evocati environment there. Please make sure to only select the Evocati 3.18 environment when creating IC reports while the builds are Evocati only
Please monitor etf-testing-chat in spectrum for updates and testing instructions.
USER.cfg settings: r_displaySessionInfo = 1
Note: This patch does not contain all of the intended features, which will be added iteratively to the notes as they become available. Additionally, some features may be implemented in a partial state and as such are not ready for testing. When those features reach a playable state they will be detailed on the notes and added to the “Testing Focus”. Please issue council all issues related to those in testing focus and in general gameplay.
Playtest length: Pending build stability we would like to leave this build up as long as possible.
Objective: Special build for data testing with Ahmed, Paul, and Benoit! They will be watching the build to gather all the data they can after the most recent changes to networking and stability/crash fixes.
If the build proves stable we would love to have players explore and test out bounty missions, updated restricted area designs, Security Post Kareah (Consentual PVP only as always), and possibly the new FPS missions using the Orison platforms! (Requires Crusader Security Mercenary Intro Mission)
Note: If your character gets into a bad state and is unable to rejoin the PU or you see a 30009 error, please wait 5-10 min at most and if the issue persists, then try to recopy your account to the PTU.
Since the features for 3.18.0 are still in a very incomplete state we are not asking for feedback on specific features such as the updated cargo system, new crash sites, and other features.
Disclaimer: These are not a complete list of issues known internally to us but ones hand selected for this playtest. Known issues are not always 100% occurrences and may happen frequently or not at all for some players.
- Character Customizer – Stuck on “Saving Character” on the Front End menu after the first time joining PU
- Multivehicle – VMA – Vehicles / Ship Components / UI – Unable to customize any ship within the Vehicle Loadout Manager
- Ships / Vehicles – VMS / CryAstro Services – CryAstro services does not offer the option to repair/refuel/restock ships
- Infinite Load – If the player idles out while playing ( Error Code: 30028 ) it will cause an infinite load either returning to main menu, or attempting a client restart to re-enter the PU
- Inventory / Loot Boxes – Loot Boxes will Disappear on Approach or after Opening
- Inventory – Equipment – Equipped items are lost from character after 30k
- Quantum Travel – QT markers disappear when travelling between planetary markers until QT drive finishes spooling
- Locations / Hurston/Lorville – Commodity Kiosk – UI – UI may become blurry/illegible while in use
- Multiple Locations – Actor Feature / UI – Medical – Player unable to heal injuries in med bed
- Locations – Lorville – When loading into Lorville, after exiting the bed the player will be pulled in a direction and be unable to move
- Mining – Vehicles are not collecting ore when using extraction mode
- Security Post Kareah – AI / Mission Content – Security AI are not spawning in their correct loadouts causing them to cower/surrender
- Missions / Reputation – Reputation is not updating upon mission completion
- Commodity Trading / Selling / UI – Commodities will not appear in the Commodity Kiosks and cannot be sold
- Cargo / Commodity Kiosk – UI – When attempting to purchase cargo at the commodity kiosk no supply/demand commodity listings display for the player to interact with
- Hull Scraping – Locations – Crusader / Port Olisar – Commodity Kiosk – Ships / Vehicles – Commodity Kiosks does not detect Commodity Crates stored in vehicles while in a loose state
Recently Resolved Bug Fixes
- Multi-Ship – Ships / Vehicles – Ships spawning in damaged state despite full health
- Persistent Entity Streaming – Game Code / Characters – After exiting to menu, when reconnecting to the PU, players will load into their primary residence and not their last saved location
- Mining – Game Code – Many mineable asteroids can’t be scanned
- Insurance – Multivehicle – Ships can be duplicated after forced Claim process if initially these are Retrieved and then Stored on a different ASOP terminal
- UI / Vehicles – Quantum Travel – Quantum needs to “Clear Route” after every jump
New ship & vehicle
- Alpha 3.18.0 EPTU.8249922 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0b EPTU.8267942 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0c EPTU.8272918 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0d EPTU.8276733 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0e EPTU.8280883 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0f EPTU.8287271 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0g EPTU.8291026 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0a EPTU.8295399 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0b EPTU.8296278 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.18.0c EPTU.8298048 Patch Notes