Star Citizen Alpha Patch 3.22.0
Alpha Patch 3.22.0 has been released and is now available to test on the LIVE Environment! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.22.0-LIVE.9003376.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER and Shader folders for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE. The Shader folders can be found here %localappdata%\Star Citizen.
Short Term Database Reset: Yes
Long Term Persistence Data Base Reset: No
Starting aUEC: 20,000
- The San’tok.yai flight tuning is not fully complete and will require tuning in a later release
- AC – Player can get stuck in “Exiting to Menu” message when attempting to exit any offline mode in AC (Workaround: Open the console with ~ and type ‘quit’ and hit enter)
- The Final Boss NPC won’t spawn during the Illegal Retrieve Consignment Mission (Legal version still spawns correctly)
- PU – Actor / UI – Character spawned headless with EVA crosshair always on screen
- Multivehicle – PU – Ships / Vehicles / Weapons – Missiles, Bombs, and Torpedo’s disappear immediately after traveling a short distance from the player
- PU – Stanton – Underground Facility / UGF – AI – AI enemies get stuck in a walking animation
- Stanton – Tractor Beam / Physics / Cargo – Sometimes when utilizing the tractor beam to move cargo within a ship, the cargo will snap outside of the ship
- Stanton – Spawn Closet – Mission Content / AI – Enemy AI can spawn out of bounds of their intended spawn points
- Stanton – Mission Feature – UGF missions – Remaining hostiles AI not spawning in UGF bunker mission
- Pu – Vehicles – Repair services – Unable to repair vehicles that have been soft deathed
- Multivehicle – PU – Vehicles – When docking at a station the docking arm will not extend
- PU – Stanton – ASOP / Fleet Manager – ATC – When retrieving a ship it may spawn outside the hangar it is assigned to
- PU – Stanton – Area18/GrimHex – Locations / Inventory / Respawn – Player loses loadout and equipped items after dying in the armistice zone
- Multivehicle – PU – Vehicles / UI – Vehicle HUD – When the missiles charge the UI does not update to reflect when they are ready to be fired
- PU – Stanton – Actor – Player Spawning – Multiple Locations – When multiple players attempt to log in to the same location at the same time they may be assigned the same bed; those that spawn in after the initial player will be stuck
- Origin 890 Jump – PU – Vehicles – Fleet Manager – When a vehicle is landed in the hangar of the 890J, the 890J can no longer stow correctly via ASOP/Fleet Manager or on logout
- PU – Tractor Beam / Physics – When multiple players interact with the same cargo container using a Tractor Beam, those players’ tractor beams may no longer work correctly on that container
- Multivehicle – PU/AC – Vehicles / Weapons / Ship Components – All energy-based weapons state “0/0” in Ammo count on naturally spawned ships and cannot fire
- Multivehicle – Vehicles / UI – Inner Thought – Player cannot exit the ship by using the “Exit Seat” option in PIT
- Additional Derelict Settlements
Inclusion of 15 new Derelict Settlements with both mission gameplay, social elements, and shops. These new inhabited settlements are spread throughout the wildernesses of Hurston and microTech using the Rastar tool with a larger, expanded library of new and existing assets. Some locations are accessible via the Starmap while other new settlements are more discrete and appear behind missions. All NPCs at these locations are neutral, making up a population of independent civilians and members of the Dusters faction and have been updated to use the new hair tech and faction clothing.
New Hurston Locations Include: Zephyr, Maker’s Point, Ludlow, Pickers Field, Finn’s Folly, Weeping Cove, Cutter’s Rig, and Rappel.
New MicroTech Locations Include: Frostbite, Razor’s Edge, Bloodshot Ridge, Harper’s Point, Astor’s Clearing, Moreland Hills, and Dunboro.
- Salvage: Structural
Implementing the ability to transform large chunks of metal salvaged from ships into a refinable material.
Structural salvage is the next step in the salvage profession. Initially, It will bring additional functionality to the two salvage ships, The DRAKE Vulture and AEGIS Reclaimer. It will allow players to convert full ships into the resources RMC and Construction Components that can be sold or used to craft multiple items using the filler station. It will also bring an update to the way material is stored on the salvage ships. It will introduce the concept of “internal storage” which is a buffer in the ship that will fill. This buffer storage size will depend on the size of the salvaging ship with the Reclaimer getting a 240 SCU buffer while the Vulture receives a 13 SCU buffer. Once full, the buffer storage needs to be emptied using the filler station. For Reclaimer owners, the salvage mode is only operable from the co-pilot seat. The Reclaimer salvage terminal can now export size 1, 2, 8, and 16 SCU cargo containers.
Salvage Functionality is now split into multiple segments after entering Salvaging Mode (Default Keybind: M):
Hull Scraping (Default Keybind: G): The Current Salvage System to remove the hull from ships. If the Hull is not scraped off the material is lost in the process when moving onto steps 2-3.
Fracturing Mode (Default Keybind: RightAlt+W): This mode will break up intact ships or derelicts into smaller pieces
Disintegration (Default Keybind: RightAlt+S): This mode will generate the resource from the broken down pieces
To start Fracturing Mode on a ship, point to the ship you want to fracture and enter Fracturing mode. Once fracture mode has been started, the ship will then break apart in a certain period of time based on the size of the ship.
To Start Disintegration Mode, point to the newly fragmented parts of a ship and engage the Disintegration mode to break apart the chunks and collect them into the salvage buffer storage of your ship. Fracture/Disintegration field salvage speed is linearly proportional base on position and distances.
Once the salvage material fills the buffer storage, have the filler station fill a commodity box and move to the ship’s cargo grid.
- Inventory: Openable Cargo Containers
3.22 adds openable cargo containers, allowing players to be able to store commodities and items in. These new 1, 2, 4, and 8 SCU containers can be purchased and sold through shops and dropped from your location inventory into your ship cargo grid. These new cargo containers allow contents to be sold individually, as well as the containers themselves, in which case any unsold contents will be sent to the inventory the container is being held in.
This also includes work for tractor beams that will make it so cargo is locked onto cargo grids when the ship is locked by the door integrity. Meaning as long as the integrity is sufficient, cargo cannot be removed from cargo grids except by the owner or party members. It is considered a law infraction if Stolen off a cargo grid in a Monitored Zone.
Ships and Vehicles
- Added New Ship: Aopoa San’tok.yāi
- Added New Vehicles: Origin X1, X1 Velocity, and X1 Force
- Player Hair Update
Updating the Star Citizen character customizer with 20 hairstyles from Squadron 42 using our latest hair tech. This includes the addition of new, longer hairstyles along with updates and changes to existing short hairstyles.
- Updated MicroTech Locations With Denser Forests
- Increased Crusader Planet Comm Array Range to Encompass All of the Planet
- Procedural Weapon Recoil and FPS Combat Balance
Introduction of Procedural Weapon Aim Recoil to FPS combat. With this update we have overhauled the recoil of the majority of the weapons to use the new and improved procedural recoil tool shown at CitizenCon, this will improve the diversity of the weapon sandbox allowing each weapon to fulfil a more specific and niche role whilst allowing for more intense visual recoil.
Overall you will find greater weapon variety in how weapons play and feel with tweaks such as weapons now having consistent recoil patterns and the removal of ADS spread.
– Full Weapon Reworks: The Arclight Pistol has had a full rework and is now a burst pistol with an alt fire mode of single fire. The LH86 Pistol is now fully automatic.
– Fire Rate Changes: Demenco, S71, and P4AR have all been reworked to increase their fire rates. Lumin V burst delay has been decreased.
– Force Reaction Updates: Forces have been tweaked across a range of weapons to make knockdowns only occur in situations where that would ‘feel’ that should occur. This should appear as an overall reduction in staggers & knockdowns.
– Other changes include balances to sniper rifles to avoid players in heavy armor being 1 shot when hit by a sniper rifle while still allowing this to happen to players wearing medium armor.
Along with weapon balance changes we have adjusted player health, damage modifiers, and medical to increase time to kill (TTK).
– Damage modifiers have been adjusted to allow for more consistent fire fights & times. Removed increased stamina costs on limb HP pools being low. Removed movement speed penalty on limb HP pools being low. Medical Pens will now fully heal players.
This is overall the first pass major pass towards a new TTK goal, the FPS team is eager to hear feedback about how you feel about the current values!
- Tractor/Towing UI Updates
Made several UI positional changes to help increase readability. Several updates include: Deflection flipped in SRV cockpit, range bar ease factor, target name above status, force bar fixes and includes centering force, throttle/gimbal widgets hidden in turrets, towing UI scale-up, turret orientation feedback more marked, radar plane more perspective, range bar readability improvements
- Ship Mining Balance Pass
Adjustment to scaling for ship mineable nodes to adjust mining to trend slightly closer to Prospector difficulties.
- Added New Vehicles to PU Shops: MIRAI Furys, and MISC Hull C
- Armor Shop Prices Have All Been Increased Across the Board. (Excluding Flight Suits and Undersuits)
Ships and Vehicles
- Shield Components Have Been Removed from Most Bikes
- Gravlev Vehicles are Now Considered Ground Vehicles When Spawning at ASOP Terminals
- Adjusted Spring Stiffness for Hover Bikes
Weapons and Items
- Updated Behring FS-9 Ballistic LMG to an ammo count of 75
- Updated the R97 Shotgun to an ammo count of 18
- Reduced Damage and Speed of the Ksar Ballistic Sniper Rifle Projectile
- Reduced LH86 Pistol Damage
- Front-End Style Update
Updated menu title text, colors, and logos. Updated Button Styles and button state changes (idle/over/down/disabled), added messaging and UI info for Friends / Party / notification lists. Updated secondary title type size (ex: Primary Residence and Current Location titles). Updated frontend tooltips explaining why a server can’t be changed to include crash recovery as well as combat logging.
- AI On Foot Performance Optimizations
- Fixed an issue causing many AI in UGF locations to fall through the floor and stairs
- Fixed an issue causing AI enemies to be slow to respond to player location and actions
- Fixed an issue causing entities such as cargo boxes to slide on all ship lifts during animation
- Fixed an issue causing a larger than intended increase of entity count when loading into Orison
- Fixed an issue causing enemy ships to not spawn in unless the player is within 12 km of them (Should be more than 20+ KM now)
- Fixed an issue causing vehicles to stream out at much shorter distances than intended
- Player ships should no longer disappear and strand players in space randomly when Quantum Travelling
- Fixed visarea and lighting issues on freelancer cockpit and rear ramp
- Undersuits should no longer have a chance to be permanently lost when you equip a helmet
- Put in further fixes to help resolve wheeled ground vehicles continuously vibrating when stationary in atmo
- Fixed an issue that was causing player health damage to not correctly apply to the actor status UI on client-side
- Fixed many locations having “Replace Me Balls” around forest biomes on MicroTech
- Fixed Structural Salvage AR progression animation in client not playing correctly
- Fixed an issue causing players to occasionally phase out of their streaming radius, causing the area to unstream and stream back in with collision issues
- Tumbril Storm AA missile loadout can now be changed in VMA for the Storm
- Fixed Structural Salvage AR progression animation in client
- Both NPCs of New Deal Ship Shop should no longer share identical voiceset dialogue
- The gurneys in the elevator shaft of the medical drop off locations should no longer be missing
- The Greycat STV passenger seat should now have correct interaction
- Players should now be able to press [W] to leave the seats inside a transit shuttles
- Lorville tram tunnels should no longer appear solid black after the tram leaves
- Fixed an issue causing the Argo SRV to sometimes not be be able to re-engage the tow beam on a ground vehicle
- The Vulture’s cockpit glass should no longer be obscured with lights when any non-default tint is applied
- The entire “asphalt” surface at ground level in Area18 should no longer be missing collision
- Fixed 6 Client Crashes
- Fixed 5 Server Crashes
- Fixed a Service Crash
- Fixed a Client Deadlock
Arena Commander 3.22 Patch Notes
Arena Commander 3.22 introduces many exciting, new ways to play including the much anticipated addition of Multicrew Gameplay, brand new Experimental Modes, the next iteration of Master Modes, alongside an abundance of new quality of life, balance, and achievements. Check out all the details below and we look forward to playing with you all! o7
- Multicrew & Spawn Locations
Multicrew finally comes to Arena Commander. Experience Multicrew gameplay in Squadron Battle, Team Tank Battle, Free Flight and Swarm modes. Spawn as Turret or Crew and battle it out with your opponents. Do not forget that you can customize your FPS loadout from the Frontend to equip gear to play scenarios or board enemy ships!
- In-Game Vehicle Selection
Gone are the days when forgetting to pick your vehicle before the game starts locked you into a fierce battle of cat and mouse. In-Game Vehicle Selection now allows you to pick which vehicle you want to use in-game and switch between respawns in all dogfighting modes. This includes a new “Slots” system allowing you to switch and customize between 4 vehicle slots.
- Endless Vanduul Swarm
Original Systems extends great appreciation to all those who partook in the “Master Modes: Endless Vanduul Swarm” Experimental Mode playtests. We’re pleased to announce after overwhelmingly positive and constructive feedback that the core Vanduul Swarm mode is being replaced with Endless Vanduul Swarm.
Following feedback from the Master Modes tests we have made changes to the difficulty & balance of the game mode.
See below for all the new achievements associated with the game mode!
Experimental Modes are limited time game modes which rotate throughout a patch cycle. Be sure to check in with Arena Commander each week to play a new Experimental Mode!
Play every experimental mode in a patch to be eligible for the “999th Test Squadron” Spectrum Badge!
You can view the schedule here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/arena-commander-experimental-mode-schedule/6216752
- Gun Rush
We wanted to first take a moment to announce here that Gun Rush, our first ever experimental mode, is now the first experimental mode to be promoted to a Core game mode. Experience Gun Rush anytime through the patch cycle as an ‘always on’ mode! To celebrate you can earn 1.5x REC for playing the mode!
- Kill Collector
Kill Collector has players fight for more than just kills. In this fast paced 12player elimination style mode where killing opponents drops more than their bodies. Collect the dropped trophies to earn points and ultimately, win.
- Team Elimination
UEE vs Pirates, a tale as old as time. Battle it out in this 12 vs 12 team deathmatch mode and declare victory for your team.
- Duo Showdown
Debuted during CitizenCon 2953 Arena Commander introduces Duo Showdown. Utilize teamwork and coordinate together in this best-of-three dogfighting mode that’ll put more than just your piloting skills to the test.
- Tank Royale
Tank Royale faces players off in a free-for-all tank battle across various ground arenas. Prove your skill using the new tank tunings & improved physics in this elimination-based game mode. Now including the Tumbril Storm!
- Team Tank Battle
Slightly larger scale than Tank Royale, Team Tank Battle pits two opposing teams against each other, push forward against the enemy team and declare victory for your team in this team-based elimination mode. Now including the Tumbril Storm. Those driving the Tumbril Nova can now allow multicrew, allowing team members to operate their main gun (“Turret” Spawn) or their Laser Repeater (“Crew” Spawn).
- Single Weapon Elimination
Ever wondered how you’d fair on an even playing field? Put your aim to the test using the Gemini A03 Sniper Rifle.
- Master Modes: Squadron Battle, Classic Race, Free Flight & Endless Vanduul Swarm
Master Modes returns for another round of testing. With your excellent feedback from the 3.20/3.21 experimental modes, we have fine-tuned the basic Gladius FM and we are now expanding the setup to additional ships. Our goal for 3.22 is to find the baseline that brings meaningful differences between the fighter classes while avoiding a meta ship. That means we need a lot of play hours from you players dishing it out on each other. Please note that the UI has not been updated for this patch. We hear all the feedback on it and will address it in another upcoming patch.
– Ships: Buccaneer, Gladius, F7C-M Super Hornet, Vanguard Warden.
– Modes: Free Flight, Endless Vanduul Swarm, Classic Race, Squadron Battle (replacing Duel).
– A new racetrack around the Pyro Jump Point will feature in the Classic Race test to promote feedback on “speed racing” vs “corner racing”. We encourage you to try out swapping the master mode (“B”) to unlock higher speeds in NAV or high regenerations rates in SCM.
– Master Modes game modes will be active throughout the patch.
– See the bottom of this post for all the details on Master Modes.
- Bloodshot Ridge: All Game Modes, (excl. Classic Race & Pirate Swarm)
- Maker’s Point: All FPS Modes
- Pyro Jump Point: Master Modes: Classic Race
Game Modes Adjustments
- Gun Rush: Gun Rush, our first ever experimental mode, is now the first experimental mode to be promoted to a Core game mode. Experience Gun Rush anytime through the patch cycle as an ‘always on’ mode! To celebrate you can earn 1.5x REC!
- Squadron Battle: With the introduction of Multicrew the mode has expanded! Squadron Battle now features almost all ships. Join a team-mates crew or go it solo, the choice is yours.
- Retired Core Modes: Duel, Battle Royale, Elimination. Core Game Modes are modes which flagship their target demographic. While we love these modes, we feel that there were too many game modes competing for the same player-base, diluting players across many game modes rather than concentrated on a few. Rather than having all these modes always active they will be added to the Experimental Mode collection, returning for weekly rotation, on occasion.
System & Balance
- Experimental & Special Event Banner & Timer: Below the game mode selection on the frontend you can now find a banner which details any currently running Experimental Modes and the countdown until the next rotation. This banner is overridden during special events, such as Luminalia, to display details for that instead.
- Friendly Fire System: Friendly Fire was among the systems lost to time, we’ve refactored the system to produce warnings and kick players once again for excessive friendly fire. In addition, the system now tracks distortion damage.
- Distortion Scoring: In our continued effort to facilitate and award support roles we’ve added scoring for applying distortion to hostile ships, with additional awards for fully disabling components.
- Disabled Ballistic Persistence: A few patches ago we enabled persistence of ballistics among other things in our flight modes, with pickups being the only way to restock. After several changes to ballistics, we are disabling persistence to monitor how ballistics are utilized when replenished upon spawn.
Classic Race Updates
- Race & Lap timings now include milliseconds.
- Race & Lap times will now show as notifications upon completing them.
- Racers will now be punished 5 seconds of their lap time for deaths during the race.
Re-enabled ‘Death Recap’ UI which details how you died and how you performed in that life alongside a collection of bug fixes that caused it to be disabled.
Below are all achievements earnable in 3.22. Upon achieving each, a UI notification will appear confirming this. A client restart is required to see this reflected in-game. Each achievement earns you a Spectrum Badge, others may reward other goodies!
*Rewards are disabled in Offline play.
- 999th Test Squadron: New Requirements. A player must participate, until match completion, in every Experimental Mode featured during this patch cycle. Note that leaving the match before the post-game scoreboard appears will not count towards the badge.
Modes include: Tank Royale, Team Tank Battle, Single Weapon Elimination, Master Modes: Squadron Battle (replaced Master Modes: Duel), Master Modes: Classic Race, Master Modes: Endless Vanduul Swarm, Kill Collector (FPS), Kill Collector (Vehicles), Duo Showdown, Team Elimination.
- 2953 Vanduul Aggressor: Survive 25 Minutes Endless Vanduul Swarm. Additional Rewards: Vanduul Glaive Pledge Unlock
- 2953 Pirate Aggressor: Complete Pirate Swarm. Additional Rewards: Pirate Gladius Pledge Unlock and Pirate Caterpillar Pledge Unlock
- Tank Commander – Finish 1st place in either Tank Royale or Team Tank Battle
- Master-At-Arms – Finish 1st place in Gun Rush
- There are Several Special Event Achievements to be revealed closer to the events!
Experimental Modes: Master Modes (Detailed)
Featured Game Modes
- Master Modes: Squadron Battle
- Master Modes: Classic Race – Featuring an exclusive new racetrack around the Pyro Jump Point! Containing a mixture of long stretches, curves and tight complex turns.
- Master Modes: Free Flight
- Master Modes: Endless Vanduul Swarm
The experimental versions of existing game modes will NOT affect the original game modes.
Flight Model changes (applies to MM ships only!)
- Updated the MM tri-chording limiter, it is a lot less punishing when the accelerations push forward – Updated Gladius FM (higher base accelerations, less boost) – Added MM & FM setup for new archetypes: F7C-M (medium fighter), Vanguard (heavy fighter) and Buccaneer (medium interceptor) – Boost: removed 150ms pre-delay – Boost: will now spool up and down – Boost: reduced rotational acceleration modifier – Boost: rotational rates may now increase while boost is held – Boost: adapted times for all archetypes Master Modes: – New features still enabled (see details in 3.20, 3.21 patch notes) – Press “B” to switch between SCM and NAV modes. – SCM mode allows weapons and shield usage, regeneration times are shorter, however top speeds are harshly limited
- NAV mode disallows weapon and shield usage, regeneration times are longer, however ships can reach their full speeds – Capacitor gameplay moved from low-pool-high-regen to high-pool-low-regen Gunnery & Targeting
- New aiming system and targeting features still enabled (see details in 3.20, 3.21 patch notes) – Auto Gimbal mode deactivated (will not be available for the time being) – Added MM variants of several weapon records – Decreased fire time of Gatlings – Massively increased weapon ranges – MM variants have a mix of energy and ballistic weapons which cannot be adjusted Known issues: – Lag PIPs do show up correctly around Security Post Kareah – ESP does not use smoothed PIP positions yet
- Fixed an issue where a new player joining would unready all players.
- Fixed an issue where joining a lobby where players are already readied up caused desync with the ready system.
- Fixed an issue that caused the players name on the vehicle preview to appear as an invalid value.
- Fixed an issue that caused player names to duplicate in the lobby list.
- Fixed an issue that prevented inviting players from parties.
- In multiple racing maps, fixed inconsistencies in checkpoint inner-turn triggers.
- In Yadar Valley, restored multiple missing geometry.
- In Classic Race, fixed an issue where lap count would be incorrect in Offline mode.
- In Control, fixed an issue where the control area would appear the wrong size.
Systems / Misc
- Fixed an issue where attachments would not save for the second “primary” weapon.
- Fixed an issue where after using a medpen the wrong weapon would automatically pull out.
- Fixed an issue where Primary 1 & Primary 2 weapons were the wrong way around in the FPS Customizer vs In-Game.
- Fixed an issue that caused post-game victory and defeat voice lines to not trigger.
- Have now enabled suicide in game modes where it was previously disabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused desync with the pre-game ready system.
- Fixed an issue, related to fire-modes, that prevented guns from firing in FPS modes.
- Fixed an issue where suicide would not award negative score.
- Fixed an issue that caused “Damage” score to be added to only one player in the score feed, rather than separate entries.
- Fixed an issue where “Rounds Won” appeared on the scoreboard for non-round modes.
- Fixed an issue that caused repair pickups to inflict friendly fire punishment to attackers of the person who picked up the repair.
New ship & vehicle
- Alpha 3.22.0 EPTU.8943317 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.22.0 EPTU.8946821 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.22.0 EPTU.8951421 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.22.0 EPTU.8957254 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.22.0 EPTU.8962480 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.22.0 PTU.8970375 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.22.0 PTU.8976730 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.22.0 EPTU.8996133 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.22.0 EPTU.9001690 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.22.0 EPTU.9003376 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.22.0a EPTU.9017427 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.22.0a EPTU.9021295 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.22.0a EPTU.9024200 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.22.0a EPTU.9031534 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.22.0a EPTU.9033691 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.22.0a EPTU.9035244 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.22.0a EPTU.9035564 Patch Notes
3.22.1 WAWE 1
3.22.1 OPEN PTU
- Alpha 3.22.1 EPTU.9063902 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.22.1 EPTU.9065683 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.22.1 EPTU.9067934 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.22.1 EPTU.9069975 Patch Notes