Alpha Patch VERSION 3.20.0-PTU.8663969 has been released and is now available for Evocati to test!
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\PTU.
- Database Reset: Yes
- Region: US Servers only (Do not select BEST)
- Long Term Persistence: Enabled
- Pledge Copy: Disabled (Hull-C and an assortment of ships will be provided
- Starting aUEC: 15,000,000 (requires recopy to get)
The current build is under NDA
Please log out then back in on the issue council site to see the Evocati environment there. Please make sure to only select the Evocati 3.18 environment when creating IC reports while the builds are Evocati only
Please monitor etf-testing-chat in spectrum for updates and testing instructions.
USER.cfg settings: r_displaySessionInfo = 1
Note: This patch does not contain all of the intended features, which will be added iteratively to the notes as they become available. Additionally, some features may be implemented in a partial state and as such are not ready for testing. When those features reach a playable state they will be detailed on the notes and added to the “Testing Focus”. Please issue council all issues related to those in testing focus and in general gameplay.
- Cargo Refactor
- Wheeled Vehicle Handling Improvements
- AI Ship Difficulty Rebalance
- Seraphim Station
- Mining Stability Changes
- UGF RASTAR Drop (Bug checking)
- Arena Commander Game Modes
As always, there are partial implementations for certain new features that we are not collecting bugs and feedback on just yet as any issues are most likely due to partial implementation.
- New Mission: Salvage Coverup Missions
- Locations / Vehicles – When spawning a ship at a Docking Port, the ship will spawn clipped into the docking port geometry
- MISC Hull C – Stanton – Vehicle / Actor Tech – There is no oxygen/breathable atmosphere at the engineering end of the spindle corridor when it is extended
- PU – Inventory – Local inventory infinite loading after loadout change in VLM and relogging into the game
- PU – Stanton – AI / Locations – Combat AI will teleport / pop in combat
- PU – Loot Generation / Interactables – Lootable boxes cannot be opened
- PU – Vehicle – MISC Prospector – Door doesn’t work from the inside
- Multiple Locations – Inventory – Equipped items are lost after dying in the landing zone
- Multivehicle – PU – Vehicles / Actor Feature – Medical / Respawn – Cannot respawn on a ship that has streamed out
- Room System / Actor / Locations – Room System does not protect player actor from extreme weather conditions in Lorville Interiors
- ASOP – Ships – Vehicles – Clicked to “Store” ship at ASOP but it was “Destroyed”
- Vehicles – Players and items can fall through the bottom deck of the Redeemer
- Vehicles / Ship Components – Ships that do not have missiles as a standard weapon cannot restock their countermeasures.
- Reclaimer – Vehicles – Stanton – Reclaimer bridge elevator interaction missing
- Performance – Client Performance drops around Ghost Hollow
- Mission Content – UGF – AI Counter will drop to 0 after streaming location in and out again
- Vehicles / GFX – Client FPS will drop as long as players are inside of the cockpit of the Drake Cutlass series
- The Carrack’s main elevator will get locked in place and begin to spin indefinitely after spamming the floors for a few minutes
- GrimHEX – Dumpers Depot – Art / Locations – The Dumper’s Depot within GrimHEX has a VisArea that allows players to clip inside of location.
- Vehicle Maintenance Services – Ship repair doesn’t happen but still charges you
- Landing Pads – Multivehicle / Shopping – Refuel, repair, and rearm services unavailable when landed
- Multiple Locations – ASOP Terminal / Ships – When storing a ship, the ASOP terminal will set the ship status to “Claim” instead of “Retrieve.”
- Exploit / Ships / Vehicles / Game Code / Multiplayer – When two Players Salvage a Ships Hull simultaneously the Hull will recover and be infinitely Scrapeable
- Inventory / Personal Inventory – Inventory can enter a state of becoming unresponsive, preventing the player from being able to eat or drink
- AI / Art – VFX – Hostile AI bullets visually clip through walls
Alpha 3.20 includes the addition of the new automated cargo transferal experience to the PU for the Hull C. The existing cargo transaction system,which other ships will still use for this release, will instantly pop all of the purchased cargo into a ship or instantly remove all sold cargo off the ship after the transaction has completed. The Hull C however requires a new experience where the player after buying or selling the cargo at the commodity kiosk will be prompted to pick it up/drop it off at a loading area. To do so the player retrieves their vehicle then hails the location’s Cargo Services to get assigned a loading area (similar to getting assigned a landing area from ATC). After flying their ship to the loading area they will be prompted to stop moving, and then extend the spindles on their ship. Once the ship is ready cargo will be added onto the cargo grids of the ship over a period of approximately 5 or so minutes, depending on the size of the load. Currently these boxes will just pop into place. If the player moves or someone enters the area the transfer will be interrupted until the disruption is addressed or the loading area is eventually revoked. After transfer is completed successfully the player will be prompted to leave the area, eventually getting a warning for impounding if they do not.
With the changes for the Hull C comes a complete rewrite of how the cargo system places cargo into ships (any ships, not just the Hull C). Previous versions of the system only dealt with 1 SCU containers, and could use fairly simple logic for placement or removal. We are now supporting various sized boxes to be placed in the cargo holds (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 24, and 32) as well as supporting various orientations of placement in the grid to work around grid obstructions. This also includes temporary tractor beam strength changes to support the attachment/detachment of those various sized boxes using the tractor beam. Cargo grids have also been extended to support non-cargo box attachments and also the smaller mission hand held boxes.
- New Ship: MISC Hull C
Implementing updated Vaulting & Mantling improvements that make the process much more smooth and intuitive for players. This update allows players to now be able to grab ledges while running and jumping, low/high vault while running and/or in mid-air, and allows low/high mantle while running and/or in mid-air.
- Fixed – Lorville – Transit / Locations – Trams are missing from city
- Fixed – Lobby to Seraphim galleria elevators not showing up or responding to call elevator button
- Fixed – New Babbage – NBIS – Elevators / Locations – The elevators leading to the NBIS do not function when interacted with
- Fixed – MISC Hull C – Ships / Vehicles – Misc Hull C Cargo can get stuck in unusuable state, cannot be sold and cannot finish loading
- Fixed – Multivehicle – PU – Vehicles – When docking at a station the docking arm will not extend
- Fixed – Ships / Vehicles – Ships purchased with aUEC are not being delivered to player
- Fixed – Rented ships are listed as destroyed
- Fixed – ASOP Terminals – Ships / Vehicles – Unable to submit a claim for rental ships via the ASOP terminals
- Fixed – UI / Inventory – Player cannot load the UI for Inventory inside the Clinic area
- Fixed – PU – Medical / Locations – Player can’t purchase or interact with pharmacy store in the hospital
- Fixed – Ghost Hollow – aUEC terminals at Ghost Hollow can get stuck on rebooting if the Comm Array is connected and the player presses “Authorize” on the aUEC terminal
- Fixed – Vehicles / Ships / Locations – Force killing the client gives players the option to duplicate ships
- Fixed – All Locations – All Shopping Kiosks – BackEnd Services / Engineering – Transaction Failure – While buying or selling items there’s a chance a transaction error will occur
- Fixed – Stanton – Locations – Lighting – Graphics – Surface of Yela is blinding white
- Fixed 2 Client Crashes
- Fixed 3 Server Crashes
- Fixed a Server Deadlock
New ship & vehicle
- Alpha 3.20 EPTU.8576403 Arena Commander Master Modes Limited Playtest
- Alpha 3.20 EPTU.8612213 Arena Commander Master Modes Limited Playtest 2
- Alpha 3.20 EPTU.8626731 Stability Limited Test
- Alpha 3.20.0 EPTU.8644609 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.20.0 EPTU.8663969 Patch Notes
WAVE 1 & 2
- Alpha 3.20.0 PTU.8671107 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.20.0 PTU.8677155 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.20.0 PTU.8680168 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.20.0 PTU.8684108 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.20.0 PTU.8686278 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.20.0 PTU.8695779 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.20.0 PTU.8698328 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.20.0 PTU.8699905 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.20.0 PTU.8701927 Patch Notes