Star Citizen Patch 3.13.0
Alpha Patch 3.13.0 has been released to the PTU W1, and is now available to test! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.13.0-PTU.7240320.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\PTU.
Database Reset: YES
Long Term Persistence: Enabled (This release will come with a Reputation wipe)
Pledge Copy: Enabled
Starting aUEC: 15,000,000
Please monitor sc-testing-chat in spectrum for updates and testing instructions.
USER.cfg settings: r_displaySessionInfo = 1
- Cave Entrances
- FPS Cave Missions
- Ship to Ship Docking
- Signed Distance Fields (SDF) Shield Tech
- Reputation UI
- New Quantum Sensitive and Timed Delivery Missions
- Pushables T0
- Mounted Guns
- Force Reactions – Staggers
- Cyclone MT
New Issue Council Testing
Along with 3.13.0 we will be introducing the new, updated Issue Council! Please use this to report any issues with 3.13.0 and forward.
Links to the new Issue Council can be found here in the feedback thread:
- Customized loadouts are reset to default when the ship’s name is changed
- 100 Series is missing ptich/yaw/roll
- ATC at New Babbage Space Port is not allowing the exit or arrival of ships or vehicles to hangars and garages
- A Players Ship can enter a state where it cannot be Retrieved
- An elevator in Lorville Spaceport has invisible collision blocking the entrance
- Claiming any Constellation variant that’s on a pad causes station turrets to blow it up with no crimestat
- The Quantum Sensitive Cargo can become stuck to the players hand, while lacking all functionality
- On landing pads, trolleys are unable to be pushed / pulled up the entryway / cargo ramp, or elevator ramps.
- Docking with a moving ship lags behind, causing a large snap into the docked position
- Docked merlin enter interactions don’t show when constellation is moving
- Mounting weapon while holding a grenade will cause the player to enter a broken state upon exiting via interaction mode during low FPS
- Wallace Klim can spawn away from his table, facing the wrong way and floating
- When accepting a mission or when speaking to Clovus his animations are not fluid and appears to jump around
- Hammerhead is missing form New Deal
- The outline for the save changes button is off
- Hull Visual Degradation
Introducing visual wear-and-tear to player ships as they age and degrade. Ships will subtly change depending on how long they have existed in the ‘verse until the ship is repaired using Cry-Astro Services or remade with an insurance claim. With the initial release most ships will have this but the following ships are currently not enabled: Anvil hawk, MISC Reliant, Archemides, Drake Dragonfly, Origin 600i, Anvil Gladitor, Vanduul Scythe, Drake Caterpillar, Anvil Valkyrie, Khartu-al, RSI Ursa Rover, Mustang variants, Anvil Terrapin.
- Vehicle Names and Serial Numbers
Adding the ability for certain ships to display custom player-assigned names on the sides of their ships on the hull. Special serial numbers will also be shown, and all other ships will have unique serial numbers displayed, to identify them in the universe.
- Ship to Ship Docking v1
Adding the ability to for the Merlin snub ship to dock and undock within the Constellation, along with guidance mode UI to ensure correct alignment during the docking process. Players will be able to use the autoland system and manual flight to dock. To take off from the constellation, press the landing gear keybind (default N). To start the docking process, target the Constellation then hit the landing gear keybind (default N) to initiate the docking UI. You can do the same to dock with another player’s Connie but you will need to request permission to dock and have that player approve it after initiating the docking UI with their ship.
- Reputation – UI Implementation
This feature adds the addition of a new mobiGlas app that will give players insight into their reputation with the important NPCs and organizations they have interacted with. This will also include a total list of reputation ranks, including those that have been completed and the ones they’re actively working on.
- Object Push & Pull
Mechanic allowing players to grab some larger objects and move them around an environment by either pushing or pulling them. The initial implementation will have usable trolleys that players can find in the world at space station cargo decks and underground facilities.
- Mounted Gun Aiming T0
Further expanding the player’s arsenal by allowing them to take control of a mounted gun on either a vehicle or the ground. These weapons will offer greater firepower and stability at the cost of mobility. With the initial implementation, players can find these scattered around junksites and underground facilities.
- Ships and Vehicles
- Caves entrances – Drive-in & Sinkhole
Adding two new cave entrances to the PU. The ‘drive-in’ entrance will allow players to enter using a ground vehicle, while the ‘sinkhole’ entrance will require players to enter and exit using a ship. These new entrances will replace some of the existing cave entrances as well as adding additional caves onto planets and moons.
- New Asteroids
Replacements for the asteroids currently used in the Stanton system using the new organic asset workflow. These new astroids can currently be found scattered around lagrange points.
- Refinery Station Non-Commercial Room Overlays
Introducing new non-commercial overlays to the entry areas of refinery stations to add more variety and better suit the theme.
- Stanton system polish
Visual improvements for all of the Stanton system which includes updating assets, object presets, planet painting, and the global data of all planetary bodies.
- Degnous root Harvestable
Addition of the harvestable Degnous root which is a macroalgae found in the shallow coastlines of Hurston.
- Force Reactions T2
Updates to the Force Reactions system to add staggers that will happen based on the severity of received force, causing a player to stagger in the direction of received force. The distance and duration of a stagger increases relative to the received force until the force is great enough to trigger a knock down instead. When staggering into a wall without a weapon, the character will raise their hands, or shoulder (depending on direction vs. surface) to momentarily brace / halt themselves. G-force blackouts are now experienced by actors attached to something in the ship interior (usables, ladders, operator seats, weapon mounts etc.) and actors in prone front or prone back.
- Shields v2
Implementing improvements including the use of particles with signed distance fields (SDF) to allow shields to more closely conform to the shape of the hull of the vehicle, allowing better visibility at distance, creating clearer visual cues that the shield is being damaged, and its overall health. While SDF shields are designed to protect the hull and main parts of the ship, they may not extend to cover attached items beyond the hull such as weapons that stick out farther than the shield reach.
- Mining Components
Mining sub-components will allow players to customize their lasers to suit specific jobs and encounters. For example, some will make mining easier, some will make it faster, and some will have great stat boosts at the cost of serious trade-offs elsewhere. These can be purchased in game in shops on refinery decks.
- Law System Improvements
Updates to the Law System include proxy crime when one person on board a ship commits a felony and the option to hide notifications and criminal rating updates. Option to hide notifications & criminal record tracking. Update the “Unmonitored” bounty marker when Bounty spends UEC. Update the “Unmonitored” bounty marker when bounty’s mobiGlas remains in use for a period of time. Marker will be updated when the Bounty Destroys the ship/kills a player/AI. Update marker when the Bounty dies or is killed (not arrested).
- Quantum Sensitive Cargo Delivery Missions
Addition of local delivery missions that have quantum sensitive cargo which will explode and damage ships if taken into quantum.
- Timed Multi-Drop Delivery Missions
Addition of missions with time sensitive cargo in which players are expected to deliver multiple packages each with slightly varied timers meaning players will have to prioritize which box to drop off first.
- FPS Missions to Caves
We have added 3 new mission types aimed at FPS combat inside cave s which introduces more AT NPCs into caves and FPS mission reputation.
FPS Cave Assassination: The player must navigate their way to a cave and find a civilian target. The player must kill them when they find them. If the player is in a monitored zone this target will count as a murder victim. This mission will become available to players upon completing one Vaughn Assassination mission.
FPS Cave Bounty: The player must navigate their way to a cave and find a criminal target. The target is protected by armed guards who will attempt to kill the player on sight. This mission will become available upon completing the Crusader Bounty introduction mission for missions around Stanton 2 and available upon completing the Hurston Bounty introduction mission around Stanton 1.
FPS Cave ClearAll: The player must navigate their way to a cave and kill all the criminals they find there. This mission will become available upon completing the Crusader Bounty introduction mission for missions around Stanton 2 and available upon completing the Hurston Bounty introduction mission around Stanton 1.
- Updated Bounty missions to be more equally spread about available mission locations
- Updated multiple missions to include more specific location information
- Updated law system to prevent griefing where players position themselves over a ship taking off/landing to be willingly run over and give the pilot a crime stat
Ships and Vehicles
- Aegis Gladius Visual Updates
We have made many changes to updates to increase the visual standards of the Aegis Gladius. This includes many level of detail, decal, geometry, material, and paint changes inside the cockpit and on the exterior of the ship.
- Smoothed Ramp Collision proxies for ships to help pushables and vehicles on them
- Removed access to Carrack and MOLE turrets when landing gear deployed/landed to prevent clipping issues
- Increased in-game price of Esperia Prowler to be more in line with ships of similar role/size
- Added Mercury Star Runner to in game shops
- Added Talon and Shrike into in game shops
- Added Nomad into in game shops
Weapons and Items
- Equipable Med Pen
Replaces the previous functionality of immediately using a fps consumable (to heal or oxygenate). Medical Pens are equipped by pressing the consume action (C key), or by interacting with a pen and selecting the “Equip” interaction, or when selecting a pen from the FPS Consumable Quick Select Wheel Pen use on self is triggered by clicking mouse1 (left mouse button), after which the pen is automatically discarded (dropped). FPS Consumable Quick Select Wheel can be opened by holding the C key. Medical Pens can be holstered (re-attached to the suit attachment) by holding R, or by selecting the holster action from the FPS Consumable Quick Select Wheel. Medical Pens can now be interacted with in the same manner as other equippable carryables (e.g. grenades, weapons etc.) via the interaction system, and can be carried, equipped, inspected and stowed.
- Added Drake Buccaneer Spinal Mount Turret to in game shops and AC rentals
- Added new profile options for the Tobii Eye Tracker to differentiate Flight vs On-Foot
- User folder location change
With this update, the USER folder structure has changed a slight amount. This adds a couple of extra layers of subfolders inside the original USER folder compared to previous releases. User folder location change: -install-\USER\Client\0\
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Star Map to sometimes lose functionality when opened
- Fixed multiple asteroids and rocks in areas inside and out of Grim Hex where players could clips through them and get stuck
- Fixed low gravity that was occurring inside some of the underground facilities
- Fixed an issue causing thrown objects to not follow their trajectory line
- Elevator Location display should no longer show an incorrect current floor location
- Mined rock deposits should no longer shatter violently, causing them to be flung far away, during a controlled shatter
- Players should no longer be wrongly awarded ” Ace ” and ” Killing Spree ” when killing only 1 or 2 enemies in Arena Commander
- Replace me ball should no longer be present at the Customer Service in Trade & Development Division of Area18
- Fixed multiple areas around seats on refinery decks where players could get stuck
- Fixed multiple Visarea issues around New Deal in Lorville
- There should no longer be any chairs inside of tables at Grim Hex
- There should no longer be missing barstools at bar counter in Grim Hex
- Fixed geometry around Miles Eckhart that allowed players to get stuck between the table and the wall
- Fixed an issue causing windows and glass displays to become blurry when the player is very close to them
- The Ursa rover’s Power On / Off interaction should now correctly appear in Interaction Mode
- Players should no longer be able to clip into the Cutlass bunk bed and become stuck
- The Elevator call button should stay lit, when pressed, until the elevator arrives
- Players should no longer be able to clip through the Rest Stop viewing area glass windows from EVA
- Fixed various floating lights on outpost landing pads
- MIC-L1 Shallow frontier station should now be in the correct location at MIC-L1
- Fixed an issue causing the player to be unable to exit AC game modes once player loses all respawns
- Dying mid race in Arena Commander race modes should no longer force player back at the start of the track rather than close to the last checkpoint they passed through
- Fixed an issue that allowed an escaped player to be able to put minerals mined on the exterior in their inventory and then log out and back in to spawn in prison with the minerals still in their inventory
- Fixed an LOD issue in Lorville causing habs, Metro Center, and Customs signs to be unreadable close up
- Fixed 6 Client crashes
- Fixed 7 Server crashes
- Fixed a Main Thread Deadlock
Patch List 3.13
- Alpha 3.13.0 PTU.7157073 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0b PTU.7170917 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0c PTU.7182600 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0d PTU.7187036 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0e PTU.7203937 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0f PTU.7216703 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0g PTU.7222941 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0h PTU.7237208 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0i PTU.7240320 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0 PTU.7240320 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0j PTU.7257687 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0k PTU.7266741 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0l PTU.7274064 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0m PTU.7281044 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0n PTU.7286501 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0o PTU.7293148 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0p PTU.7296226 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0q PTU.7300019 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0r PTU.7307361 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0s PTU.7319707 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0 LIVE.7319707 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.0t PTU.7334707 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.1 PTU.7358666 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.1b PTU.7369595 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.1c PTU.7388528 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.1d PTU.7390409 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.1e EPTU.7394908 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.1e PTU.7398642 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.1f EPTU.7403561 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.1f PTU.7413748 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.1g PTU.7419525 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.1h PTU.7419804 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.1i PTU.7421225 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.1j PTU.7426287 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.1k PTU.7445322 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.13.1l PTU.7491200 Patch Notes