We have an update on the Missing aUEC bug that some have experienced on the Live servers.
Currency Data Hotfix
Thanks to the overwhelming number of player contributions to this Issue-Council Report (you all set a record!), we were able to track down the root cause of the problem and get it resolved.
A hotfix was deployed yesterday afternoon to correct the issue. Going forward, transactional aUEC data will log properly, resulting in your wallets maintaining expected aUEC values across play sessions.
Players logging back in after 2320 UTC on September 13 should now see aUEC values on their account that represent the most up to date values stored in the backend services. It’s important to note that for the duration of when this bug was active, some aUEC lost is unable to be recovered. We are very sorry for any frustration that may cause, and are taking steps to mitigate this in the future.
Alpha 3.15 Database Wipe
That’s right, the time has finally come. Back when we introduced Long Term Persistence in Alpha 3.8.2, we communicated that database wipes would happen, potentially even on a quarterly basis. Fortunately though, we have not had to do a full wipe even once in the last 18 months. Until now. So, let’s talk about what this means, why it’s important, and how often you can expect wipes in the future.
As of 3.15, Long Term Persistence (LTP) is broken up into three distinct parts: Items, Wallet (aUEC), and Reputation. Going forward, we will be able to wipe specific parts of LTP individually as needed (for example, wiping Reputation while leaving Wallet and Items intact). This level of flexibility will allow us to do necessary wipes while minimizing the impact on the community.
With this update, all three pillars of data will be wiped, which actually has quite a few benefits. First, Reputation has undergone its first tuning pass since its launch in Alpha 3.13, which will necessitate progress being wiped in order to implement. Second, there’s a few account-related issues/bugs that some players have been unable to resolve with character resets or workarounds, and this wipe will assist in remedying those issues.
Third, and most important of all, players have been accumulating wealth in the persistent universe with no economic sinks to balance it. While Selling and other sinks are being developed, it’s extremely helpful for designers to have additional data on how players acquire and spend money. Putting players at a level playing field would provide this data, and this will be exceedingly important as Death of a Spaceman, Full Persistence, Server Meshing and other key pillar technologies come online. As those milestones approach, you can expect for additional wipes as necessary, mostly for similar reasoning listed above.
The primary reason for the wipe, however, is the upcoming changes to how items and inventory work in Star Citizen. The entire system for items has been reworked from the ground up as we make a large step towards a fully physicalized universe. Tune in to Inside Star Citizen tomorrow to learn more.
Of course, in the event of any LTP wipe, all of your account attributed items (purchases, subscriber flair, rewards, etc.) are safe.
Lastly, we know that many of you dedicated yourself to the CDF to help defend Stanton in recent XenoThreat attacks. We’re also aware that many of you took full advantage of this heroic and lucrative opportunity, and don’t want you to feel it was for naught. For this reason, we’re currently exploring the feasibility of awarding aUEC post-wipe to those who participated in the event. Stay tuned for more details on that front and we’ll see you in the ‘verse!
- Alpha 3.15.0 PTU.7782190 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0b PTU.7790620 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0c PTU.7793221 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0d PTU.7799372 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0e PTU.7800245 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0f PTU.7800245 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0g PTU.7804298 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0h PTU.7806000 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0i PTU.7810005 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0j PTU.7812585 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0k PTU.7814123 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0 PTU.7814123 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0l PTU.7818165 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0m PTU.7822079 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0n PTU.7835451 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0q PTU.7850324 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0r PTU.7858235 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0s PTU.7860358 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0t PTU.7862115 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0u PTU.7864040 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.0v PTU.7865275 Patch Notes
OPEN PTU 3.15.1
- Alpha 3.15.1 PTU.7868138 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.1b PTU.7871047 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.1c PTU.7874254 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.1d PTU.7875648 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.1e PTU.7876811 Patch Notes
- Alpha 3.15.1f PTU.7877541 Patch Notes